Chapter Two: The Letter

Right as I got home, I locked myself in my room and immediantly turned on my computer. Then while my computer was booting up, I pulled out my phone from my pocket. I immediantly open the app Instagram. I have an instagram fanpage for Matthew, and it is basically where I fangirl about him.

Wow. I have 500 followers already? Everyone just loves Matthew. Don't they? I think to myself. I mean, who wouldn't love Matthew? He's sweet, kind, funny, and all-around amazing.

You see, I've been a fan of Matthew's for quite some time now, but not once have I been noticed. I don't really want to be noticed though, I just want him to know how much I care about him. Matthew Espinosa is all that I think about now-a-days.

Once my computer is on, I log into my Twitter and scroll down the feed. Then, I stop at a single tweet. Matthew tweeted 5 minutes ago that he was opening up a P.O. Box. This is my chance. I kept thinking, I finally will have a time where Matthew could actually read what I had to say.

I wasted no time at all. I grabbed pieces of paper and a blue pen. I started to write Matthew a letter about everything. I started off the letter by introducing myself.

Hi Matthew, Im Jenni Waters. Im 15 years old. I've been a huge fan of yours since Day 1.

I wrote about how I first found him.

I wrote about how he has inspired me, even to this day.

I wrote about how he has changed my life and made me the person I am today.

I wrote every single feeling I had down on that piece of paper. I knew if Matthew read it, it would be overwhelming, but at this point, I had nothing to lose. So I finally got to the end of my letter and I was unsure of how to end it. So I wrote the first thing that came to mind,

Thanks Matthew so much for reading this. You really are my hero.

Love, Jenni Waters.

Twitter: @jenniwaterss

Yes, I left some contact information on the letter. Just in case he wanted to contact me somehow, but I was almost certain that he would read the letter and then throw it away and not look back on it.

But this letter gave me a sense of hope. It gave me hope that Matthew may know who I am one day.

But then I began to do what I always did and began overthinking the situation.

What if he doesn't even read this? What if Matthew doesn't pay attention to this letter? I bet thousands of girls will send him packages with beanies, clothes, and tons of other stuff. I wish I could do that, but of course, it costs money and that is something I don't have right now. Gosh, why did I even write this letter? What if I just end up embarassing myself in this letter? I think I put way too much feeling into this, what if he gets scared away?

Then I took a deep breath and relaxed. I calmed down and went over my doubt. I put the pieces of paper into an envelope. I wrote Matthew's P.O. Box address on it along with my own. Then I went downstairs to get a stamp from our office room.

It was currently 4:12pm so my older brother, Brandon, was at a friend's house. My dad was still at work, and my mom left to go run an errand. I was home alone, like I normally was after school. I crept downstairs and went to the cabinet. I slid open the drawer and found our stack of stamps. I pulled a stamp off and stuck it onto my letter.

TA-DA! The letter was finished.

Now I just had to go run to the mailbox and mail the letter. The mailbox was only one minute away from our house by walking. So I decided to take a stroll out to the mailbox since no one was at home to stop me. I put on my red vans and walked out the front door. Then at that moment, I realized...I was still in my uniform from school. I didn't mind wearing it actually. With the khaki skirt, there was a lot of freedom rather than wearing pants. Plus, our blue polo shirts weren't too bad.

I started to walk to the mailbox with my letter in my right hand and my iPhone 4S in my left hand. I walked in the middle of the street and avoided passing cars.

The weather as nice outside, considering it was March. It wasn't too chilly like it'd normally be in Nebraska. It was good weather for me.

I finally reached the mailbox and began to slowly slid my letter into the Outgoing Mail slot. My letter was halfway through the slot when I took one finally look at it.

"Here we go. Can't turn back now." I sighed as I whispered. The letter was now not seen for it was now in the slot. My letter was now out in the world. I can't take it back now. My feelings for Matthew Espinosa were about to be read by Matthew Espinosa, himself, in a matter of days.

I slowly began to walk back to my house. As I walked, I continued to thiink some more. What if he actually does read it? What if he responds? Nah, that won't happen. There's hundreds of thousands girls who want him. Why would I be picked out of all of them? I'm just a regular girl..

I finally reached my house. I quickly went up to my room and jumped onto my bed, landing back first. I then just laid on my bed as I stared into my ceiling.

Hopefully, Matthew will read how much he means to me. <3

--

Thank you everyone for reading this second chapter. This is an important and critical part to the story.

Please comment what you think about this and any suggestions on the plot are welcome.

Also, as you can see in this chapter, the information of Jenni was not realistic. The phone number nor the twitter username. Most of those will be made up for the sake of the story.

I know the character has the same name as me. It just made the story relate a bit more to me, but the story does not reflect my life whatsoever.

But thank you and I love you all :)