Chapter Thirteen: Matthew Espinosa Just DMed Me

It was still Sunday night as I was still frazzled on what just happened.

Matthew freaking Espinosa just followed me on Twitter! What does that mean?! Did that mean he read my letter? Oh my gosh, what if Matthew read all of my feelings written in that letter? This is honestly an amazing start. What if we start to talk and become friends? Wait...that's never going to happen. I'm just a fan.

I then began to hyperventilate. It's crazy how he's following me on Twitter! Now he's going to see my tweets and everything. I was still holding my phone in my hands as I was jumping and screaming on my bed. I then started to dial Katherine's number.

Just as she picked up, I screamed, "MATTHEW FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER!" I said it without any hesititation, even before she could say anything.

Through the phone, I just heard a squeal and "I'm so happy for you Jenni! That's amazing! This is the moment that you've been waiting for!"

I replied and I felt like I was still screaming, "I know! I honestly just can't breathe right now! Ah. I feel as if this is a dream!"

"Well it's not. You truly deserve this Jenni! You're probably Matthew's most dedicated fan and it's time that he knows that!" Katherine says so sweetly. See? This is why she's my bestfriend. She understands me.

"Thanks Kat. Well, it's like 10:47pm right now and you were probably sleeping! I'm sorry if I woke you up! I'll leave you back to it. Night!" I said to Katherine, apologizing to her for waking her up

Katherine said one final thing before she hung up. "It's fine Jenni. Normally I should never be woken up, but this was a special moment and I'm glad that I was apart of it. Night Jenni!"

After the call was over, I jumped and plopped myself onto my bed. I had the biggest smile in the world on my face. I was truly happy at this moment and nothing could make me any happier. I then went back onto Twitter and looked at that notifications again. I even checked my followers to make sure Matthew actually followed me. I wanted to be sure that it wasn't just a hallucination or something. I wanted it to be real.

Then when I finally started to breathe again, I was still laying on my bed. It finally registered in my head that Matthew Espinosa is now following me on Twitter! It was real life.

I just thought that I should dm Matt. Right when I opened up my dms, I saw a message. It was from Matthew. A thousand thoughts began to rush through my head. What is his dm going to say? Why would he ever dm me? I feel like I'm dreaming right now. Someone seriously needs to pinch me right now. I'm scared to open it. But I'm dying to see what he said.

I then forgot about my fear and opened up his direct message to me.

Matthew Espinosa : Hey beautiful. I got your letter and I just wanted to thank you so much for all your support. I love you <3

I started to hyperventilate again. I began to feel really hot and I couldn't breathe. I felt like I was going to faint. Oh my gosh. This truly can't be happening! He called me beautiful and said he loved me. But most importantly, he read my letter!

I was fangirling so hard that I completely forgot to actually reply to Matthew. Okay Jenni. Focus. What should you say? You don't want to type something that makes you seem too eager. But you don't want to play it like you don't care. Just be cool about it. Don't overthink it. Just type something.

Jenni Waters : I'll always be here for you. Love you too Matthew <3

I hope that was alright. I just hope I don't scare him away so that he'll never talk to me again. But he probably won't reply. He has better things to do and I'm just a fan..