Chapter Twenty-Nine: Matt's Day in LA // Katherine's On To Something

*Matthew's POV*

"Matttt!" I heard Shawn say as he ran towards Aaron, Taylor, and I in the airport.

We all greeted one another and helped Shawn grab his luggage.

"I have meetings upon meetings tomorrow, but I have the whole entire day today to hang with my boys!" Shawn told us as we got in our Uber.

On our way to Cameron and Nash's place, Shawn caught us up to everything he's been up to. He told us about his new EP that he has been working on. He's been nonstop going to meetings and rehersals for the tour he is going on with Austin Mahone. I was truly proud of this kid. I've known him for only about half a year, but it was crazy to see where he started and what he's doing now. In fact, I'm proud of all the guys spreading out and doing their own thing. We all have already achieved so much in our own individual way.

Once the four of us stepped into Cameron and Nash's place, we were surprised with silly string shot at us. I missed having this kind of fun with the guys. After all the laughs, we were introduced to Yoshi. I think he was a friend of Cameron and Nash. I don't really know. It was never explained, but he seemed like a pretty cool guy. Most of our afternoon was filled with jokes, collabs, and bafoonery.

Later in the day, we all decided to go out and explore the city. I mean c'mon LA was amazing, who wouldn't want to go out and explore? So Aaron, Taylor, Shawn, Cameron, Nash, and I all grabbed our pennyboards and we went out to have fun in the city. We just skated around the city and stopped every once in awhile in a store that caught our eyes.

Then we all decided to go to the beach, which may have been a really brilliant idea or a super stupid idea. After ten minutes of being on the beach, we were quickly spotted by fans and next thing you know, the six of us were swarmed by screaming girls. We really should have thought this all through. Having six of the "most popular guys on social media" all together just out in public wasn't very smart. I felt very claustrophobic at this time. There was barely any room to breathe. I was crowded by dozens upon dozens of teenage girls in bikinis. But I didn't really mind that part.

All the guys and I tried to take as many pictures with as many girls as possible. And we just hoped that the girls that we had already taken pictures with would leave the crowd and hopefully the crowd would slowly diminish and we could just continue our night at the beach. But that was far from plausible. Every time I look out into the crowd of girls, it looked like it would multiply by two.

As each girl came up to me, I began to feel more and more upset. Each and every girl was obviously a fan of mine and most of them were very affected by being in my presence. Some girls were crying. Some girls tried to talk to me but were quickly interupted because their "turn" with me was already over. It sucks how I can't be able to talk and have a genuine conversation with each and every girl. These girls were the whole entire reason why I am here where I am today. I absolutely love my fans with my whole entire heart. I just want each of their experiences meeting me to be the best moment possible, but it is tough to do that when I get like two minutes with each girl. I feel like just a puppet because each girl gets a "turn" with me. I'm a human too.

I even saw some girls who took a picture with me and shortly turn around and asked another girl who I was. Why would you take a picture with me if you didn't know who I was? You're just stealing time from another girl who could be a die-hard fan. I just didn't understand it.

Sooner enough, the beach security started arriving. Someone probably complained about the disturbance at the beach. Two security guards surrounded each of the guys and I. They started dragging us out of the crowd. I turned back and looked at all the upset fans. Seeing my fans cry absolutely broke my heart. I yelled out, "I'm sorry guys! Tweet me that you were at the beach today and didn't get to meet me and I hope we will get to talk soon! Love you babes!"