Chapter Eleven: 16 More Days

It was now Saturday, March 9th. MagCon was March 25th.

Sixteen more days till MagCon.

Sixteen more days till I meet my hero.

I woke up that morning. My head felt fine now and I was all better. I checked my phone and saw that it was 1:52pm. I assumed everyone was already awake, but I honestly didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

I just laid in bed and went on twitter and started scrolling away. I stopped at a tweet that Matthew had posted 5 minutes ago.

Matthew Espinosa @TheMattEspinosa : Since I have nothing better to do, I'm going to be opening fan mail tonight. :)

OH. MY. GOSH. Matthew is finally opening his fanmail! Is my letter going to be in the pile? Will he even see it? He probably has tons of packages to go through that he won't even see my tiny letter...What are the odds of him actually reading it? With my luck, my letter is probably being sent back to me because I probably made another mistake.

But still, I couldn't stop smiling when looking at the chances that Matthew may actually read my letter tonight.

I then spent the next hour in my bed scrolling on Twitter until I got a text on my phone.

Katherine Evans : Aye, party at Darcy Alonso's tonight. You up for it?

A party? Eh, I'm not really up for all that... It's not what I really like to do.

Me : Eh, I don't know...

Hopefully she'll get the clue and understand that I don't want to go.

Katherine Evans : C'mon, it's DARCY ALONSO.

Exactly...it was Darcy Alonso. She was friends with Ellen and that crowd. Why would I ever fit in with them? They're popular. I'm not. That's how the school ranking system always worked.

Me : Naaah, y'all go without me.

I don't want to be the reason that stops them from going to an amazing party.

Katherine Evans : Awweee. K I'll fill you in later.

Me : K sounds good.

Yes. I'm out of it! Now...what am I going to do on a Saturday afternoon? Oh right nothing because I have no life.

I then hopped out of bed and put my hair in a messy bun. I was still wearing my t-shirt and my pajama pants. I walked downstairs to the kitchen to find something to eat because you know, a girl has got to eat!

When I came downstairs, I saw that my brother and dad was watching some football game. I think it was the Patriots playing the Chargers? I don't know. I was tired and really didn't care at that point. I saw my mom in the kitchen with a plate of eggs on the counter.

"Here honey. A wonderful breakfast for a wonderful girl." My mom said as she handed me the plate of eggs. Why was she being so nice? I know Brandon didn't tell her about the incident yesterday. So what was it?

"Mooommm...is something wrong?" I asked immediately because my curiosity killed me.

"Well yes honey. Actually nothing is wrong, but your father and I have been talking. We've decided that we will be going on vacation just the two of us over Spring Break." My mom calmly and politely told me.

I was astonished. The Magcon plan can work out perfectly now that there will not be any parents. "Awe. Well Brandon and I can take care of ourselves. You guys go and have fun." I smiled and tried to act perfectly normal. I attempted to hide my excitement.