Chapter Four: I'll Be Number One One Day

I woke up to the bright and shining light that crept through my blinds. I remained in bed, but an immediate beeping rang in my ears. I looked to my left and saw my alarm clock. I lazily slammed my hand into the snooze button. The beeping stopped, and I looked at the time. 6:00am...

What day is it? Oh yeah, it's Monday. I thought to myself. I didn't remember Sunday even happening. Oh wait, yes I did. I went to Church in the morning and then I just spent the rest of my day on youtube. Wow...that day went by fast. But now I have to get ready for school. I let out a deep sigh and slowly got up from my bed.

I walk to my bathroom and brush my teeth. Then I shower and then slowly walk to my closet. I lift up my head. Gosh, the decision of what to wear is sooooo hard. I said with a large slight of sarcasm. Being at a private school gives me so many options to chose from. Should I wear the white or blue polo shirt today? Oh wait, let's change it up and wear the dark blue sweater! I finally decided with the dark blue sweater with a khaki skirt. And of course I decided to wear my high white nike socks. I then put on my favorite neon pink vans. My style was sort of odd...

I looked at the clock and it was only 6:30am. I didn't leave my house until 7:00am so I had half an hour to spare. I normally didn't eat breakfast so I had nothing to do. But then of course, I reached down for my phone. I laid on my bed and held my phone in front of my face. I went on Vine and scrolled down my feed. I stopped at a certain vine.

The vine was of a boy trying to take Nicki Minaj's order. Nicki Minaj was rapping, but he was trying to be her waiter. The vine kept replaying and replaying over and over again. Each time I saw it, it got even funnier. After about the tenth time of watching it, I paused the vine and started full-out cracking up. I couldn't stop laughing and it was definitely hard to contain.

My brother, Brandon, came into my room and told me to shut up. I hushed, but I was still laughing inside.

Of course the name of the creater of this vine was

Matthew Espinosa.

Figures. Matthew always makes me laugh. He's honestly just so perfect. I thought as I began to think about Matthew and the letter. Had he read it yet? Has he even gotten it yet? What if I accidentally put the wrong address down? Oh no. So many things could have gone wrong.

I kept thinking of the worst until I checked the time on my phone. It was 7:02am. Has it been 30 minutes already? Wow. Time goes by so fast.

I hopped out of my bed and grabbed my black Jansport backpack. I put my backpack on my back and I looked back on my bed and grabbed my phone. That would have been bad if I forgot this. I also grabbed my red lanyard with my keys attached. I was ready for school.

I walked downstairs and saw Brandon waiting at the door for me.

"It's about time. We're going to be late for school. I was just about to leave without you and you would have to go with mom." Brandon said with his cocky attitude.

I scoffed and walked out to Brandon's jeep. I sat in the passenger seat and I slammed the door closed. I decided not to reply because there was really no purpose to. I saw Brandon put the keys into the ignition and I plugged my iPhone into the radio. I always played music on my way to school and Brandon didn't mind.

I set my phone in the coaster area and I laid my head back onto the seat. I looked out to the streets as we drove by houses. A certain song started playing. It was Number One Rule by Jake Miller. This was my absolute favorite song. Everytime I heard this song, it reminded me of Matthew Espinosa. The reason was because the song perfectly described Matt. Matthew was living his dream and the song told it all. I first heard this song in Matt's vlog when he was in Magcon Dallas and ever since then, I've been in love with the song.

I stuck my head out the window with the wind blowing in my hair. This felt like a tumblr moment with the breeze and the music. The lyrics remained stuck in my head.

"Cause I'll be number one one day. No, I don't wanna be forgotten. I'll be at the top someday."

--

Thank you guys so much for reading. I'm sorry if this chapter was a little bit boring. I'll promise it'll get better! Just bear with me. ily :)

And I'm also sorry if it's shorter than other chapters. But it'll be worth it and the best part is coming up soon.

and please comment for any suggestions that you have or anything else you want to input on the chapter. :)

- Jenni .