Chapter Thirty-Three: Trying to Have A Long-Distance Relationship

*Matthew's POV*

It was the day after Prom. My plane landed home late last night, but I'm in my own bed just laying reminisicing about what just happened last night. It was honestly one of the greatest nights of my life.

"How was Prom?" My brother, Dylan, asked as he stopped at my door. He truly surprised me because I didn't even hear his footsteps. It was in the morning so I was really surprised he was even awake.

"It was great. She was really surprised when I showed up and it was perfect the rest of the night," I told him, trying to sound less mushy because he wouldn't want to hear that.

"Did you to kiss her?" Dylan straight-up asked me.

"Yeah," I started to smile and I started to feel my head get really warm.

"Good job little brother," Dylan laughed and came towards me to give me a high-five.

I laughed and then slouched back down onto my bed, seeing my tuxedo that I wore last night across the room on a hanger.

"Well I just wanted to let you know that Shannon and I are going to grab some lunch," Dylan said. "And she wanted me to invite you so if you want to go then get ready in thirty minutes."

"Okay," I laughed and immediantly got off my bed.

I brushed my teeth, changed, quickly did my hair, and finished getting ready. By the time I walking down the stairs, I heard Shannon's voice. I started to quietly and stealthily creep down the stairs to surprise her. I slowly got behind her and shouted. She screamed and then punched me in the shoulder.

"Matt! Ugh I hate you!!" Shannon screamed at me, but then she started to laugh.

I started to laugh and then Dylan started to laugh. To me, Shannon felt like another sister. I could joke around with her and she wouldn't be completely upset with me.

"Okay well should we get going?" Shannon cheerfully asked.

"Sure," I said as all three of us got into Shannon's car.

Shannon took us to Taco Bell. We all went in and ordered. We sat in a booth and just waited.

We made small conversations, but then Dylan told Shannon and that's when I felt interrogated.

"Hey Shan, did you know that Matt went to Prom last night?" Dylan brought it up.

"WHAT?! Aw Matt!" Shannon started to squeal and she looked really shocked. Then came the questions. "Who is she? What's her name? Do I know her? What does she look like?"

"Whoa slow down Shannon," I stopped her. "Just give me time to give you the answers."

I added, "Her name is Jenni and she is my girlfriend." I immediantly had a smile on my face when I said the word, girlfriend.

"Excuse me, girlfriend? Since when have you had a girlfriend?" Shannon asked me, still obviously shocked.

I laughed, "SInce about a month and a half or so ago."

"Wow Matt, well thanks for telling me!" Shannon said, being sarcastically offended.

"Let's just say, you weren't on my top 10 people to tell sorry Shan," I laughed.

"Well when do I get to meet this girlfriend of yours?" Shannon asked, "I have to make sure she's good enough for my little Matt."

"I don't think you need to do that. She's amazing and I honestly think she's too good for me," I laughed and then started to blush, just thinking about her. "But she's flying out here next weekend so I'll make sure you get to meet her."