Chapter Thirty: She's Going to Prom With Someone Else

*Jenni's POV*

"Ah Katherine! That's great!" I replied as I heard her screaming in my ear through the phone.

"I can't believe he actually asked me to Prom! I've had a huge crush on Drew since freshman year!" Katherine screamed as she squealed really loudly, nearly blasting my ear drum.

"I know!" I laughed. I could obviously tell she was super excited. Katherine has had a crush on Drew since, what seemed like, forever. They had a slight "thing" last year, but they didn't do anything about it so their flirtmance was left unresolved.I was truly happy for her, she's spending her first Prom with a guy she truly likes. I'm just glad Drew got the balls to ask her to Prom. Drew and I have a few classes together so I slightly hinted that he should ask Katherine. So I guess you could say that I was partly the reason why Drew and Katherine were going to Prom together. I'm a little matchmaker, ain't I?

"This is so exciting!" Katherine continued to shout through the phone. "This is perfect! Prom is a week away and I have the perfect date. We are so going shopping in a few days looking for the perfect dress and we are not stopping till we find it!"

I laughed, "Yes! I still need to find mine too!"

"But Jenni," Katherine's voice dropped from excitement to a sense of subtly. "You don't have a date yet..."

"So?" I questioned her.

"So...you need one!" Katherine pressured, "I can hook you up. I bet I can easily find a guy for you!"

"Okay first of all, I don't NEED a date Kat," I laughed. "Secondly, I told you I have a boyfriend remember?"

"But do you Jenni," Katherine asked me. "Do you really?"

"What do you mean?" I asked being super confused.

"Do you really have a boyfriend?" Katherine asked me suspiciously.

"I already told you I do," I chuckled. "Why are you questioning it?"

"Because you're you. I know you Jenni, you don't date much," Katherine explained. "Plus, you've never told me anything about him so I'm starting to think he's some sort of secret. Or he may not even be real."

"You think I'm so desperate for a boyfriend that I would make one up?" I was so shocked, "I know I don't date much because I never find the right guy worthy of my time that understands my lazy habits. But I would NEVER make up having a boyfriend out of desperation. Wow I'm truly offended that you'd think I'd do that." I said. Yes, I had a hint of sarcasm in my voice, but I am a bit surprised that she thought I was lying.

"I'm sorry I thought that Jenni," she apologized. "I didn't know you were going to get so defensive about this. I guess you're right, you're really lazy and the guy must be a true trooper if he's going to keep up with you."

We both laughed it out and she knew that I wasn't angry at her.

"So what about your guy?" Katherine asked.

I laughed, "What about him?"

"Well duh, is he going to ask you to Prom?" Katherine immediantly asked me.

"I don't know..." I hesitiated. To be honest, I really don't know. I don't know if he's going to ask me to Prom, but I truly don't mind it because I understand that he may not want to be out in public, especially with his girlfriend. Shoot, he hasn't even told his fans about me yet so I'm not expecting him to ask me to Prom anytime soon.

"Well you need to tell him to get his stuff figured out because you're drop dead gorgeous, perfect, and he's missing out!" Katherine exclaimed.

"Yeah..." I said while keeping what Katherine said in my mind.