Chapter Sixteen: I Was Just Tweeted At

It was Saturday, March 16th. Nine more days until Magcon. I honestly couldn't breathe just thinking about it. The past week was all a blur. I haven't dmed Matthew since Tuesday when he dmed me at night. I never replied. I couldn't. It felt too surreal for me that my inner fangirl had been taking over my life. At school, I couldn't look at the board or listen to the teacher without thinking about Matthew. Every time I took notes, I would end up somehow scribbling Matthew's name. I just needed to take a break.

Matthew was affecting my schoolwork and to my family, my academics were everything. But consideringy yesterday was Friday, it was officially now Spring Break. So all that didn't really matter anymore.

It was about 10:00am when I woke up and I was so tired from staying up the night before watching Netflix. My first instinct was to grab my phone off my nightstand, I did my morning rountine of checking twitter, instagram, and vine. I checked it every morning to see if Matthew or any of the Magcon boys posted anything.

Afterwards, it was about 10:30am when I went downstairs to grab some breakfast. I put together a quick bowl of cereal. As I was eating, I saw my mom at the corner of my eye walk downstairs towards the door.

"Hey mom, could we talk really quick?" I asked before she reached the door. I wanted to see if she changed her mind about Magcon so I wouldn't have to go behind her back.

"I have a hair appointment and I'm late, can it wait?" My mom said annoyed.

"But mom it's about Magcon!" The words just slipped out of my mouth.

My mom scoffed, "Jennifer Anne, are you still on that topic? It's completely ridiculous and my answer is still no." She said as she walked out the door and slammed the door.

Great. I just don't understand why she disapproves. If only I could tell her anything, but then she would ruin all my happiness.

I continued eating my cereal as I saw Brandon walk into the kitchen and look on the counters for anything.

"Hey J, have you seen my keys?" Brandon said as he frantically searched the counters.

I sighed. "They're on the coffee table. Why are you such in a rush? Where are you going"

"I'm going to go pick up Brittney from the airport. We're going to spend the entire day together. You'll be alright at home?" Brandon said as he picked up his keys.

Ah great, his stupid ex. I rolled my eyes, "You do know that she's bad news right? She cheated on you once, who said she won't do it again?"

Brandon laughed, "This is a new Brittney. You need to get to know her a little bit better. So I'm going now, tell mom and dad that I won't be here for dinner so don't wait up." He then walked towards the front door.

"We aren't planning on it. And sure, I'm fine alone...at home. But I'm having friends over and you can't stop me." I grinned as I watched my brother walk out the door to pick up the devil at the airport. Brittney is bad news. I warned him. Ugh, that kid won't listen to me.

I decided to hang out instead of staying home on a Saturday by myself. I sent a text out to a group chat I had with Katherine, Clare, and Nick.

Me : Yo. I'm lonely. Come over to my house in 10 minutes?

I awaited and saw quick replies from my friends.

Katherine Evans : Picking up Clare now and heading over :)

Nick Young : Give me five minutes

Clare Anderson : Apparently I'm being picked up.....k