Chapter Three: Movies With Nick

It was now the next day, Saturday. I, Jenni Waters, had nothing to do on a Saturday. No plans. No errands. I just sat in my room on my bed and went on Twitter on my phone.

I basically wasted my Saturday morning. I was afraid of going out and missing something. But what was I going to miss? Did I hope to find some sort of reply from Matthew? Was I hoping he read my letter? No. It was merely the next day, even Express Mail can't send a letter that fast.

When I came to the realization that I was wasting my Saturday, I checked my texts. I had gotten one text from Nick. You see, Nick is my best guy friend. We became friends freshman year when we were both the awkward freshman who didn't know anyone else. Ever since then, we eat lunch together with some of the other friends that I had, including Clare.

I scrolled down my texts and opened up Nick's text.

Nick Young : Hey I'm bored. Wanna hang out?

This is was the perfect opportunity to do something with my day. I quickly replied with no hesitation.

Me : Sure. I'm down with anything.

Nick replied.

Nick Young : Cool, I'll be over in two minutes.

Oh, did I forget to mention that Nick and I were neighbors? His house and mine actually shared a fence, so you could say that we were close. His family moved there last year.

But Nick and I have been just friends and let me emphasize...JUST FRIENDS.

But I wasn't sure what Nick had in mind so I wasn't sure how to dress. I change into jeans and a plaid flannel shirt. I put on a white infinity scarf and my brown cowboy boots. I then sat in the my room and scrolled through my twitter feed.

Then at that moment, I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly got off my bed and grabbed my purse and headed for the door. I was all ready to go for whatever Nick had planned because obviously I had nothing better to do. I opened up the door and standing on my door step was Nick.

"Ready to go?" Nick asked with a smile.

"Ummmm. I guess, but what's the plan?" I hesitantly asked. I would like to know where we would be going before we go.

"I was thinking of a movie...Ender's Game? There's one at 2:10. We can make it if we go now." Nick replied. I bet he really thought this through.

But that sounded like a good idea to me. "That sounds great. I've always wanted to see that movie." I smiled as we both headed for Nick's truck. Nick was 16 and had his driver's license.

When can I get my driver's license? I want to be able to go places...Oh wait, I have to wait 5 stupid months until i turn 16. I thought as I sighed.

I sat in the passenger seat as Nick drove us to the nearby movie theater, which was approximately 10 minutes away from our neighborhood. Then we parked, bought our tickets, and walked into the theather. I had paid for my medium popcorn with a bunch of butter. I wasn't ashamed....the butter was the best part! Then I had gotten some Sour Patch Kids and I was all set for the movie. Nick had just gotten a small ICEE.

When we walked into the theather, we saw that the previews were just showing and the crowd wasn't as hectic as I imagined it to be. Nick let me pick where to sit and I chose the second to front row. Don't ask me why. I just liked sitting near the front because to me, it was like an all surround system and you felt like you were actually apart of the movie.

*2 hours and a half later*

The movie was amazing! I absolutely loved it!

When the movie had ended, I looked over to my left and I saw that Nick was passed out. He was in a deep sleep. If the fire alarm went off, he'd still be sound asleep. I wasn't sure what to do, whether to just to leave him there or wake him up. So then I decided to wake him up my way!

I grabbed my iPhone and opened up the app Vine. Then I grabbed a handful of popcorn. I started to record all this on my phone. I then slammed my hand into the side of Nick's cheek and yelled, "SMACK CAM!" as loud as I could.

Nick awoke from his deep slumber with a confused yet tiresome face. "Whuut?" He then looked down in his lap only to see a pile of popcorn crumbs. He then just laughed and shook his head. I joined in laughing with him as I got all this on video. I then posted this Vine with the caption of 'This is why you don't fall asleep at the movies @Nick Young'

Nick quickly recovered from this humiliantion and it was time to go home. I was tired and I thought today was a fun way to spend my Saturday. Nick insisted to go out and eat, but I just wanted to lie in my bed. So I insisted on him just driving me home and of course, he sided with me.

At my house, I stepped out of the truck and I closed the door.

"Hey Jenni...." Nick said through the open window, trying to say something when I was out of the car. I turned my head and looked at him awaiting for what he was about to say.

"Uhmmm....oh nevermind. Just tell Brandon I said hi." Nick said as he slowly pulled out of my driveway. It seems as if he was going to say something more than just that, but I thought nothing of it. I just shrugged my shoulders and walked into the house through the front door.

Of course my parents weren't home yet...I think they were at some auction or something. I passed by Brandon's room and saw that he was playing some sort of video game. I think it was GTA5? I stopped real quick and said, "Nick says hi." Then I walked to my room. I don't think I heard Brandon's response, I was just so tired. I don't know why though. I guess I needed to get out more.

I plopped myself onto my bed and laid there. I pulled my phone out from my back pocket and of course, went on to Twitter. I looked onto the bright screen and saw the most heartbreaking two words of my life.

No Notifications.

--

I was told to update the story already and here it is. I'm sorry guys for the wait, I was on vacation and it was tough and I'm back :)

I'm surprised at how many reads this has gotten, so thank you all!

Here's a looonnggg chapter, but I don't think y'all mind.

And I know some of yall are eager for when Matthew comes into play in the story, but I guess you guys just have to keep reading and find out :)

Thank you all! ily :)

-Jenni<3