Chapter Twenty-Two: "Menni!" "No Jatthew!"

"Jenni, wake up!" I heard Katherine say as she repeatedly jumped on my bed.

How did I get here in my house? The rest of last night was kind of a blur.

"Kat, what happened last night?" I said in a really confused voice.

"Well, on our way back to the hotel, you fell asleep so Matthew offered to carry you to my car so I could drive us back to your house for the night. And then I had to attempt to carry you upstairs and let me tell you this, that was a real challenge," Katherine laughed.

"Hey!" I shouted as I threw my pillow at her, "I've been working out lately, so maybe you need to start hitting the gym too. I mean, you could try lifting a few pounds."

She laughed and then she remembered something, "Oh, Matthew told me to tell you that we can stop by the hotel whatever time this morning."

"Alright, let's just go now. I mean it's only 8:00am. I bet the boys are up right now, they probably stayed up the whole night," I said as I got up and started to get ready. I was going to wear my Matthew t-shirt today, but I couldn't because I had actually slept in it the night before due to the face that I fell asleep. So I just decided to wear a white crop top shirt and black studded shorts. Then I put on some ankle-high white socks and then my black Chuck Taylors. I added the finishing touch with some black-rimmed sunglasses.

I was ready for whatever today had in store for me.

I looked over at Katherine who was putting on her makeup. I never wore makeup because I never learned how to. Growing up with an older brother didn't really help. Plus, I didn't like putting things on my face, if that makes sense.

Once Katherine was done, we headed out. We got in her car and drove to the hotel that the boys were staying at. Once we got there, we saw that there were fans already outside the hotel waving their signs in the air. There must have been twenty girls already there. Wow, it's so early. These girls are dedicated.

Katherine and I walked into the hotel and saw the same hotel manager from yesterday at the front desk. We just looked over, smiled, and waved. He just looked at us and awkwardly waved back. I mean, he had to be polite to guests right?

I was prepared for something wild to happen, but once we got off the elevator and onto the fourth floor, nothing happened. In fact, the entire floor was completely quiet. Were the boys actually still asleep? Katherine and I started walking to the hotel rooms where we hung out yesterday. As we were walking towards that hotel room, I saw one room with the door wide open. Now who would leave their hotel door open while they slept? I looked at Katherine and put my finger to my lips signaling to her to be quiet.

I then quietly tiptoed into the room. Then I stopped. I saw Matthew in one of the beds. Of course HE would leave his hotel room door open. I then thought of something funny to do. I silently got into the bathroom and found an unused ice bucket. I filled the ice bucket with ice-cold water. I then looked at Katherine and silently giggled.

"Katherine, you need to vine this!" I opened up the Vine app and gave Katherine my phone. Of course my first instinct was Vine.

I then quietly walked over to where Matthew laid fast asleep and Katherine quietly followed. I then stood over Matthew and I quietly counted down, "3...2...1..."

"GOOD MORNING!" I shouted as I poured all the ice cold water on Matthew. I just stayed there laughing as I saw Matthew panick and sit up. He was so confused and alarmed at the same time. He rubbed his face, but he was just doused in water. Should I have really done that? Gosh, now I feel bad.