Chapter Thirty-Four: They Want To Meet You. Pronto.

*Matthew's POV*

"It's been a month and a half since I've last physically seen her," I sighed while sitting on my bed. "That's half of the overall amount of our relationship."

"Man, that sucks dude," Carter said to me.

"I know Carter. It's literally impossible to be with her," I said depressingly.

"Why don't you make an effort?" Carter said.

"I did! I flew all the way out to Nebraska for this girl and she can't do the same for me," I admitted.

"Hey Matt, let me be completely honest with you," Carter said. "As of right now, this is sounding like a one-sided relationship. You're doing everything to be with this girl and she can't even do one little thing for you."

I silenced. Is what Carter is saying really true? Should I listen to him?

"You guys have been dating for what, three months now?" Carter continued, "I haven't even met this girl and I'm your best friend. You told me yourself, you haven't seen her in a month and a half. That's so long!"

I remained quiet just thinking. Was Carter going to say what I really think he was going to say?

"I think you need to break up with her," Carter said.

Uh oh. He said it. At this point, I got up and paced back and forth around my room. "Carter man, you see. It's not that easy."

"Oh yes it is," Carter said harshly. "If I hadn't seen Maggie in a month and a half. That would honestly kill me and I would break it off before I get any more hurt."

I stopped pacing and stood in front of Carter. "But I can't do that. I truly like this girl. And I can't give up on her that easily. I'm not much of a relationship person and you should know that Carter," I admitted. "So if I'm in one, it really means something and I'm not playing."

Carter stopped and asked, "Wow. This really is serious."

"That is my dilemma. I like this girl, but I don't feel like this relationship is going anywhere," I sadly said. "In the past month and a half, I've moved to LA. I've finished the DigiTour. I'm starting a new project. Everything has been progressing, but I feel like my relationship hasn't."

"I honestly don't know why you're talking to me about this dude."

"Because you just happened to be here and you're in a relationship so I'm assuming you would have some words of wisdom for me," I said. But I never said his and Maggie's relationship was a good example.

"Well Maggie and I haven't been through that much," Carter admitted. "Our relationship so far has been perfect."

"Sureee," I rolled my eyes with a tone of sarcasm in my voice.

"But it has." He tried to convince me," For real."

"Nothing is perfect," I proved him wrong.

"Well nothing may be, but my relationship is pretty damn close," he replied.

I sat back down on the couch, going nowhere with this conversation. I have not learned anything new to help me with this.

"Matt look. It sucks to see you act this way," Carter said. "Have you ever thought of just talking to Jenna?"

"Jenni."

"What?"

"Her name is Jenni," I corrected him.

"Well have you ever thought of talking to Jenni?"

"No honestly, I want to talk to everyone but her at the moment," I said. "I just need to get my head cleared out before I can say anything to her."