Chapter Twenty-Seven: It's Been A Week

Today was the last day of Spring Break. My parents came back from their vacation a few days ago and I didn't really feel like informing them of what had happened to me within the last week. Like nothing important right? I'm just now dating Matthew Espinosa. My idol. The guy I looked up to less than two weeks ago. So much has happened this Spring Break that it is unexplainable.

Matthew and I have only been dating for a week, but I already feel as if I can tell him anything. Even when he is talking over the phone, his personality shows and brings a huge smile to my face.

Everything was great at this moment in my life. For once. I have an amazing boyfriend. My family has surprisingly been more supportive of me than usual. My friends were great, including the Magcon boys, who still kept texting me. I wonder if Matthew ever told them that we were dating, but I'm not going to ask them because I don't want to accidentally tell them if Matthew never told them.

But the thing that was mostly on my mind was school. Obviously no one knows that Matthew and I are officially dating. The people I trust the most, Katherine, Clare, and even Nick don't even know. Plus I had Ellen and Darcy to deal with, the "so called girls who are in love with Matthew." Ugh. I don't know how I'm going to deal with these people. As long as they don't say something out of line, there won't be a problem. It's just school Jenni. You can do it. It's only eight hours a day. For about another two weeks.

I woke up the next day, Monday morning, at 6 o'clock in the morning. I got ready for school. The first day back from a long break always seems to be the most difficult. I have to get back to being used to being in the routine. I grabbed a Poptart and then Brandon drove us to school.

Once at school, Brandon hugged me and wished me a good day, which was surprisingly nice of him. Normally he would just act as if I never existed at school. Well I walked to my locker and found Katherine and Clare waiting for me.

"Hey Miss Fashionably Late. Class starts in five minutes and we don't want to be late our first day back," Katherine said.

"Fine. I'm hurrying," I said as I threw my backpack into my locker. I then heard something ding and I looked down at my phone. I got a text.

Matt Espinosa: Hey loser have fun back at school haha sucks for you

I laughed at my phone and looked up to see Katherine and Clare staring at me, "What's so funny? We're late c'mon."

"Okay okay I get it," I said as I then hurried and replied to Matthew.

Me: Wow ur too kind thx

I then stuffed my phone back into my pocket and grabbed my books. Katherine and Clare grabbed my arm and dragged me to class.

Throughout the whole day, it was tough to stay focused. My mind kept drifting off to different thoughts rather than schoolwork. I kept watching the clock waiting for the day end. I mean, what kid actually enjoys eight hours sitting in a chair learning stuff that they won't remember the next day. Am I right?

At the end of the day, Katherine came up to me and asked me if I wanted to go to Taco Bell. So naturally I said yes. I texted Brandon so he wouldn't have to wait for me after school. Then Katherine drove the two of us to Taco Bell. Once I got through the door, I saw that Annie, my great friend, was working tonight so I immediantly waved at her and smiled. But my smile slowly went away when I saw who was ordering at the register.

Ellen and Darcy.

Just my luck. Of course they'd be here too. Please don't see us. Please don't see us.

Then just as I looked at Ellen, she turned around and looked back at me. We made eye contact! Please don't come over and talk to us. I'm most certainly not in the mood.