Chapter Twelve: The Best Notification of My Life

It was Sunday, March 10th.

I woke up with dried tears on my face. I looked at my alarm clock. It was only 9:30am. My family usually went to church at 11:00 so I had to get ready. I quickly took a shower and put on a casual navy blue royal dress with a gray cardigan with my cowgirl boots that I absolutely loved. I looked at the clock again and it was 10:30am. I had a feeling that my family was going to leave for mass soon so I walked down the stairs with my iPhone 4S in hand.

When I walked downstairs, I saw Brandon sitting on the couch waiting for my parents to finish getting ready. I still didn't feel like talking to him yet. I'd be too emotional. He knows what he did wrong and how hurt I am yet he can still sit there and say nothing? Wow. I was wrong about him.

I sat on the bottom of the stairs waiting for us to leave and just before there was anymore awkward silence between Brandon and I, my dad walked down the stairs fixing up his collar.

"Your mom will be down in a second. Why don't you two just go to the car and wait?" My dad suggested. He obviously didn't notice the friction between the both of us. But to please my dad, Brandon and I nodded our heads and walked out to our family's Honda Civic. I entered in on the left side of the car and Brandon entered in the right side. We awkwardly sat in the backseat. I wasn't going to say something. I was just waiting for him to say something. I'm waiting for him to change his mind and decide to go to MagCon.

"Hey J...about last night." Brandon started saying. This is it. He finally came to his senses. He's changed his mind and now he's going to MagCon.

He continued to talk, "I"m sorry I can't be able to go to MagCon." Here it is again. Disappointment. I feel as if my heart was just stabbed again.

"But you could always go by yourself?" Brandon suggested. I then just faced away, looking towards the window. I didn't feel like talking anymore. I didn't want to hear more...But to be honest, going alone didn't sound bad. I mean, it's better than not going on all.

"Fine. I will go alone. I never really needed you anyway." I said rudely. Then I gave Brandon the cold shoulder.

At that moment, my parents came into the car and the entire car ride to church was silent. That hour was the longest hour of my life. Everything was just rushing through my mind that I couldn't concentrate on what the priest was saying.

Just as I walked out of church I hear my name called out to me. I looked behind me and I saw Katherine. I completely forgot she usually went to church at this time.

"Hey Jenni! Wait up." She said as she caught up to me. I was still slowly walking out to my car, but I stopped on the sidewalk and started talking to Katherine.

"I was going to get something to eat and then I saw you. Want to come with me? I'll pay." Katherine said as she nudged me with a convincing smile.

I looked back at my parents and Brandon slowly coming out of the church and then I looked back at Katherine. "Taco Bell?" Then I started laughing. Taco Bell was literally life. Katherine then started jumping up and down.

I quickly walked up to my parents and asked, "Mom. Dad. Katherine and I were going to go get some food. Can I go?" I begged. My parents agreed and they told me to text them when I was on my way home. I squealed and thanked them. I then ran back to Katherine and put my arm around her shoulder. She then led me to her car, which I forgot she had because she was 16. I think I'm the only one in my group of friends that is still 15. But I honestly didn't even know which car Katherine had, but it was one of the newer shinier ones though.

I sat in the passenger seat as Katherine started up the car and we drove to Taco Bell. Of course when we arrive, Annie, the manager of this Taco Bell, greets us at the door. "Hey Katherine and Jenni! It's amazing to see you guys again!" So I guess you could say that we come here a lot.

"Annie! We'll have our regular order please!" Katherine asked Annie as we walked to our usual booth in the corner of the place. Then Annie went back to the kitchen and told them our regular orders. Then she came back and sat in the booth across from me and next to Katherine.

Annie then spoke with her cheery voice, "So what's up girls?"

"I'm pretty good." Katherine replied and then looked at me.

"Well...Annie, I actually needed to talk to you about something." I replied as I saw Annie nod her head telling me to go on. "Recently, I found out that MagCon is coming to Nebraska and all..."

Then I was interuppted by Annie talking, "And you heard that they were eating and having a meetup here at Taco Bell before their event." Annie smiled.

I was confused, "Wait, so you know about MagCon?"

"Jenni, I'm the manager here, remember? I have to approve all the events that happen here. They asked me and I said yes. They seem like a swell group of guys. Plus I overheard multiple of your conversations about them." Annie said as she smiled at me.

"Well...I heard you had to have a reservation to come in, and I was wondering if I could book mine a few weeks in advance just to be safe." I smiled. But then I remembered that I sounded ridiculous. Reserving in Taco Bell weeks in advance? Was I crazy? Maybe I was for these boys...

Annie just laughed. "Jenni, you're practically like family to me. You don't need a reservation. I'll let you come through the back and you can stay as long as you like. You just have to call me when you're here. You have my number remember?" I completely forgot that I did. I guess I didn't realize how much I came to this Taco Bell and how well Annie and I have known each other in the past year.

"Thanks so much Annie! You're amazing!" I smiled and then got out of the booth and went over to hug Annie. Just as I sat back in my seat, a server brought out Katherine and I's food. Annie then left us to eat.

I saw my normal two Doritos Locos Tacos in front of me as I saw Katherine had her usual quesadilla. I took my first bite into my taco and then Katherine started talking again. "Wait, so Jenni...you're going to MagCon?" She said in a quiet tone.

"Yeah, I am." I replied, realizing that I was a horrible friend. I completely forgot about Katherine...

Katherine's voice then became stern, "And you never considered inviting me or even asking me about it? You know how much I love Aaron."

Oh, now she was ticked at me. I better start defending myself.

"Kat, in my defense, you didn't even know about MagCon back when I bought the tickets. Buutt...lucky for you, I have an extra ticket. Would you maybe forgive me and go to MagCon with me?" I smiled, hoping she'd forgive me and come with me so I wouldn't have to go alone.

Katherine had a smirk on her face, "Of course I forgive you and yes! I'd go with you! I wouldn't miss an opportunity to meet my Aaron!" Katherine laughed.

Afterwards, Katherine and I went to the mall and just walked around. We just talked and planned about MagCon. I actually felt like Katherine and I were comfortable with each other again like we were last year. Then around 8:49pm, we finished up our day hanging out and Katherine dropped me off at home. We said our goodbyes and I walked into my house. I assumed everyone was already in their rooms because when I walked in, everything was quiet and the lights were all out. I slowly crept up to my room without making any noises.

I then changed into my pajamas and laid on my bed exhausted from the day. I had my phone in hand when my phone had vibrated and rung at the same time. I was so shocked my the vibrate that I accidentally dropped my phone on my face. Ouch. Wow I'm smart. I picked up my phone again and saw that I had a notification on twitter.

I opened twitter and saw the notification. The notification gave me hope. It made me happy. It made me think that Matthew may have actually read my letter.

The notification read :

Matthew Espinosa followed you.

--

Thank you guys for reading this far! It's absolutely amazing that I have about 18k reads. That's awesome to me!

So thank you for all the supportive readers! I'm going to try to update as much as I can :)

And Matthew will start playing a major role in the story VERY soon!

I love you all.

- Jenni. :)