Chapter Twenty-Six: The Goodbye to a New Beginning

*Ding ding*

I hear my text alert go off and I rub my eyes. I am still half asleep and I managed to finally get my eyes open. I reach for my phone on my nightstand and I open up my most recent text. It read:

Matt Espinosa: Hey i get on my plane in an hour and I just want to say goodbye i wish you were here so I could tell you that in person but we'll stay in touch i promise :)

Holy crap! What time is it?

I looked to see the time and it was already 10:30am.

Matt boards his plane in about less than an hour and I overslept. Great. What kind of person am I?! I have to be there!

I immediately hopped out of bed, still in my pajamas, and grabbed my phone. I went into the bathroom really quick and I brushed my teeth. Then I walked to Brandon's room and knocked on his door. "Brandon! Wake up!"

His bedroom door flung open, "What?!"

"Grab your keys. We need to go to the airport like now!" I rushed. I was running out of time.

"But whaa" Brandon said still half asleep.

"Please no questions. I'll explain later, but let's just please go now!" I saw Brandon get his keys. Then I grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards the car.

We drove to the airport in twenty minutes. I have ten minutes.

Brandon pulled up to the airport and I told him to stay in the car. I ran into the airport and tried to find Gate 27, which Matthew had informed me a few days ago. I ran towards the gate as fast as I could. I swear I felt like a track runner at that moment.

Once I found the gate, I saw one or two people getting their tickets checked before walking into the security check. I managed to see their faces before they walked in. It wasn't Matt. I missed him. I never got to say goodbye.

I sadly walked away from the ticket checking area. There was a glass window that showed the waiting area for the guests before they boarded onto the plane. I just stood there looking out onto the plane that Matt may have or may have not already been boarding.

I just leaned against the huge glass window with a feeling of defeat.

I started to walk back outside to Brandon's car until I heard my name being shouted.

I turned and looked back at the glass window where I heard my name. I saw a familiar face. It was Matt.

Matt was still here. He hadn't left yet. It was really him. I get to see him one last time. I didn't miss the opportunity. Seeing Matt brought the biggest smile to my face.

So at that moment, I did something any rational (in my opinion) person would have done. I ran. I ran into the entrance and zipped past the security check, hearing the machine beep as I past through it. But I didn't care. Once I got into the waiting room area, I found Matt. I ran towards him. He opened up his arms and I did the same. I ran into his arm and then he lifted me up. He spun me around as my head was slightly higher than his, due to fact he was still lifting me up. It felt like a moment in the movies.

And since I had already been spontaneous this morning, I didn't think and I just did what I've been wanting to do since I met Matthew.

I kissed him. Yes, I kissed Matthew Espinosa on the lips.

He kissed me back as his arms were holding my back as he continued to lift/carry me in the air. I put my hands around his face as I continued to kiss him. He then put me down and we both pulled away. His eyes were widened, but he had the biggest smile on his face. And so did I. I didn't think he expected that I was going to do that at all, but I think he liked it as much as I did.