Chapter Nine: Confrontation with Ellen

I woke up the next morning less depressed and more happy. I was just in a good mood. Maybe it was because in the past few days, Brandon had been very supportive of my crush on Matthew. Even my friends were awesome and they were okay with talking to me about Matthew. Katherine, Clare, and Nick were there to witness all my fangirling moments, especially when the moments were just when Matthew tweeted something amazing.

It was now Friday, three days after I remailed my letter to Matthew. Maybe Matt will finally get to read it? Unless fate butts in again and ruins any of my chances.
I don't know why I cared so much about a little letter. I guess it was because it was to Matthew and so therefore, that little white envelope meant the world to me. But then again, it was just fanmail and so, Matthew would only see me as "just a fan."

Kids at school soon found out about my "obsession" for Matt...I guess that was one way you could say it. I didn't consider it an obsession, but Matthew was always on my mind. I wasn't crazy, but I don't know any other word to describe how I felt. I guess I was in love? But kids found out about Matthew. Most kids judged me. They all told me that he was a stupid kid and that he shouldn't even be famous.

I obviously ignored them all, but it sucked being picked on everyday for someone that I liked. Matthew has always been there for me when no one was. He was my hero. I can't turn my back on him now. No matter how hard others gave me crap, I stuck through it because I wasn't going to let others stop me.

Other than that 95% that judged me, there was that 5% of girls who practically "loved" Matthew too.

So on Friday, at school, I overheard a conversation going on behind me. The voice belonged to a whiney brat named Ellen. Ever since last year, Ellen and I had not been on good terms. Ellen's family was rich and she thought she was better than everyone else. During freshman year, she saw that I was having trouble making friends so therefore I was her next target. She would spread rumors about me. Ellen would trip me in the halls and just basically tell the whole entire school isolate me. But I knew better to let her get to me, so I found some good trustworthy friends and ever since then, I never showed her any fear.

But behind me, I heard Ellen telling her bestfriend Darcy some stuff that included Matthew. I started to slowly eavesdrop.
"Oh my gosh Darce! Did you see Matthew's new vine?! I absolutely love him! He is life!" Ellen said in her squelish voice. Then she continued to talk, "I made my dad go with me and buy 3 new snapbacks for Matthew! I'm going to ship it to his P.O. Box. I'm like his biggest fan!"

At that moment, I snapped. Snapbacks really? Matthew doesn't even wear them much, but of course she would because she was rich and had all the money in the world. I've heard enough and before thinking I turned my body around and faced Ellen.

"Um...Ellen, if you're such a big fan of Matthew. What's your favorite quality of his?" I said rudely. I obviously knew she wasn't his biggest fan, she found out about his a few days ago...BECAUSE OF ME.

Ellen scoffed at me as if I was some sort of peasant. She then rolled her eyes at me and then looked at me as if she was forced to answer my question. "Welll...Jenna, I love Matthew because he's so hot! He's so sexy! Have you seen his abs? They are to die for!" Ellen says as she then looks at Darcy and squeals.

I just dropped my jaw. I just stared at her motionless. Then I began to talk, "First off, my name is JennI. With an I. And second, Matthew is more than just his looks. He deserves more than your shallow and thirsty self."

I then turned back around to the front of the classroom. I heard Ellen gasp as if she was offended. I showed her. Matthew means the world to me and I'm not going to let girls like her pretend to like him just because of his "abs."

After class ended, I stepped out of the classroom. I began walking towards my locker where I saw my friends awaiting at. I smiled, happy to see them, and I was excited to tell them how I confronted Ellen. Just as I was within distance of my locker, I saw a shadow in the corner of my eye. Then I saw something stick out in front of me and next thing I knew, I was on the ground.

I laid on the ground motionless. I couldn't feel any bone of my body. I saw everything around me though.
I saw Katherine and Clare rushing to my aid.
I saw Nick running for the nurse.
I saw Ellen and Darcy giggling and pointing at me.
I saw my "hipster" glasses on the ground about three feet in front of me.
My vision was blurry and my hip had an extraordinary pain.

My legs began to have feeling again and my head hurt less. I laid there confused yet hurt. I could hear Katherine crying and Clare trying to comfort me. I knew everything that was happening around me, but I couldn't react to anything.

I began to think to myself, I am going to get through this. I have to. This is just an obstacle in my life. Mind over matter. I have to be strong.

As I laid there on the ground motionless, all that kept me through the pain was thinking about Matthew.

--
I hope you guys liked this. I truly enjoy writing these.

And I'm sorry if it's short. I'm writing it from my phone so I can't exactly tell the length of the chapter. sorry :/

And for all of you guys who are eager for Matthew to come into the fanfiction. He will soon...just keep reading :)

Love you guys. - Jenni. :)