Chapter Five: #MatthewMonday

The school bell rang. I got out of my desk and walked straight to my locker. It was finally the end of the school day. Mondays were absolutely dreadful, but there was one thing that made Mondays the best day of the week.

Just then my two bestfriends, Clare and Katherine, came up to me and stood right by me.

Clare then began to speak, "Hey, Katherine and I were going to the mall after school. Do you want to come along?"

I hesitated, "I would, but I can't...Something came up."

Katherine interrupted before I could explain, "C'mon, we could stop by that Zumaz or something store that you like." She then nudged me and was trying to convince me.

I scoffed and then replied while grabbing my backpack from my locker. "That sounds tempting, but today is MatthewMonday."

Clare's face quickly changed. "What's that?" She was obviously confused.

My face turned into disbelief, "Matthew Espinosa..."

Clare was still confused, "Who?"

I couldn't believe it. How could she not know who he was? She was my bestfriend...

Katherine then finally spoke up, "Clare, it's that one guy that Jenni's so called 'in love with'. The one who she always talks about."

"Oooh. Him. Jenni, he doesn't even know who you are. Why are you wasting your time? You should just hang out with your bestfriends, rather than watching this guy who doesn't even know you exist." Clare rudely said. It had just felt as if she verbally slapped me across the face.

I was just hurt. I hear this all the time at home and now from my bestfriends? I quickly shut my locker and muttered, "I got to go." I ran out of the hallways towards my mom's car.

I felt Katherine reach out to me as I ran out. "Jenni wait..." And that's all I heard before I threw myself into my mom's car.

I felt like crying, but I obviously couldn't because then my mom would give me a huge lecture on why I shouldn't care so much about famous people. No one understands.

As soon as I got home, I ran upstairs. I just passed my brother's room as he was playing on his guitar and I just walked straight into my room. I shut the door and threw my backpack on the ground. I heaved myself onto my bed and just stared at the ceiling. Tears began to roll down my cheeks.

I thought to myself, no one understands. No one knows that Matthew is truly the reason why I'm here today. Without him, I'd probably be dead. But does anyone know this? No, because obviously no one cares about me. No one was there for me except Matthew. Matthew was there when no one was. No one understands why he means so much to me.

I began to sob, and then I flipped around and shoved my head in my pillow to avoid creating too much noise. I didn't want my brother or mom coming in here and see me looking like this.

Then I remembered something that would cheer me up. It was MatthewMonday. I quickly got up and went over to my desk to grab my MacBook Pro. I then tossed it onto my bed as I sat on my bed as well. I then opened up my MacBook and turned it on. I then quickly logged into twitter and saw that Matt posted a link to his new video.

I didn't hesitate at all and clicked the link.

The Video was titled, "How to be my Girlfriend."

I laughed already just at the title. Hmmm lets see if I'm eligible.

The video began to play and five minutes later, I wiped my cheeks for any leftover tears. I was no longer sad. My entire mood changed. During the entire video, I was laughing and it made me feel happy.

Just as I was about to give the video a thumbs up, but Brandon barged into my room.

"Hey Mom was wondering if you wanted Chipotle for din-" He stopped mid sentence and looked at my face. "Have you been crying?" Brandon then walked over and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Uh no. I have allergies." I said as I began to eagerly wipe my cheeks with my sleeves.

"Little sis, I've know you for fifteen years and you've never had allergies." Brandon then looked at my face and then saw my MacBook open. He started at my screen. He picked up my MacBook and set it on his lap. "Matthew Espinosa hm? Is this the kid that mom was yelling at you about a few days ago?"

I slowly nodded my head. Recently, my brother has actually acted like a brother to me. He's been kind and understanding. I felt like I could trust him again.

Brandon then began scrolling down my screen. "Well...at least he has good taste in sports. Football is the best." Brandon then looked at me, "Jenni...don't get your hopes up too high. There's hundreds of thousands girls who like this kid. I just don't want you getting hurt." Brandon said sincerely.

I nodded my head and looked up to him. "I know...but that's a risk I'm willing to take. Brandon, you may not understand, but trust me...he's a keeper." I said as I reached out for my brother's hand.

Brandon smiled and then set my MacBook on the bed again. He stood up and said, "I trust you J. Now let's go get some Chipotle." He smiled as he waited for me to get off my bed and follow him through my doorframe.

I got off my bed and smiled. I followed him out of my room.

Maybe things are starting to turn around for me?

--

Thank you everyone for reading.

Writing is really fun so I hope y'all like my story. It's really fun to write.

Any suggestions/criticism/opinions are welcome. Just comment them below.

Thank you all.

- Jenni.