Chapter 10 Fair

"You little lass are treading on thin water with me," Killian said. "I was supposed to tell you it was mom?" Molly asked. "Well, I don't know, I guess not," Killian sighed. "Can you take this off now?" Molly held up her wrist, annoyed at the cuff blocking her magic. "No, that's staying on," Killian said. 

"Why?!!" Molly snapped, "because I said so, don't argue with me, time for bed," he said firmly. "I want my magic!" Molly yelled at him. "Molly! Get to bed!" He scolded. Molly had her parents' temper, and picked up a glass and threw it across the room at him. He dodged it, and was extremely angry now. 

"Molly! You know I've had it, that's NOT how it works on MY ship! I'm the Captain!" He scolded. He got angry, marching towards her, he picked her up in one arm, and placed his leg up on a bench, and put her over his knee. "No!!" She wiggled, but he smacked her bottom 5 times, "Ow!!" She whined. "Enough," he said placing her down. She sighed, and went over to the side of the room away from him. "I don't allow that kind of behavior, you will respect me, or you will be punished," Killian said. 

Molly started sniffling, Killian sighed, and saw her little tears come down her cheeks. "Molly I only gave you 5 smacks on your bottom, it wasn't that bad," Killian said calmly. "You don't trust me," Molly said. "What? What on earth are you talking about?" Killian asked, "You won't even let me have my magic," Molly said. "Molly, you just threw a glass at me, without magic, what would you have done if you had magic in that moment?" Killian asked, "Probably throw a fireball at you," Molly admitted. "Mmm, see, that may be worse, considering this ship is wood," Killian said. Molly sighed, "I could have poofed us out if it caught fire," Molly said. 

Killian couldn't resist a small smile at her, he sat down across from her, "Ok, I can, understand this probably is really hard for you, why don't you tell me how you really feel about stuff?" Killian asked, "No way," Molly shook her head, "I won't put you over my knee, for being honest, come on," he said. Molly looked at him, and he gave her a calm comforting look, "Even if part of it is not liking Emma?" Molly asked, "Bend over," he scolded, then smiled, "I'm kidding, ok, you don't like Emma, why?" He asked, "Because she's the savior, she's Snow White's," Molly said. 

"I thought when I came back, you would be with Mommy," Molly said. "Why did you think that?" he asked. "Mommy said she cared for you," Molly said. Killian was rather surprised, "Really?" he asked, "Yeah, she said she felt bad that you didn't meet me," Molly said. Killian smiled at her, "mmm, I bet you also feel a little cheated, you didn't get to grow up really, you went from baby to 10," Killian said. "Overnight," Molly said. 

"Ok, so continue," Killian said. "I don't like that Mommy has Henry," Molly said. "Mmm, well he's technically older, you kind of have a big brother, I had one," Killian said. "You did? Where is he?" Molly asked, "Umm, he died a long time ago," Killian said. "Oh, right, because you're like 300," Molly said. "Mm you're technically 40 or so," Killian said. "So why can't I do what I want?" Molly asked, "Mm, nice try," Killian said. "This isn't what I wanted, I wanted a family," Molly said. "Well, you still have one, just not really a normal one, you have one mother completely obsessed with destruction, and your other is trying to stop it, and then I'm your reformed pirate father, trying to learn how to navigate a relationship, that has lying, and how a ten year old little girl with magic and a huge temper can be handled," Killian said. "Wow, no wonder you drink that stuff," Molly said. 

Killian chuckled, "mmm, anything else?" Killian asked, "Could you tell when she kissed you?" Molly asked. "Actually yes, I could," Killian said, "Really? You knew it was Mommy?" Molly asked, "Well, a bit, there was a difference," Killian said, "Did you really forgive Emma already?" Molly asked, "No, I didn't," Killian said. "You're good at avoiding bedtime," Killian said. "You said to talk, how can I protect you with this?" Molly held up the cuff on her arm. "You don't need to protect me, you don't have to worry about me, one thing you should know about me is I'm a survivor little lass," He said. "But I have magic, sword doesn't fight everything," Molly said. Killian sighed, "ok, I'll make a deal with you," he said. 

He tugged Molly to him, and held her on his lap, "I'll take off the cuff, but, if you so much as lift a finger to do any dark magic, unless it's to protect someone, I'll put the cuff back on and that little trip you had over my knee will multiply by a hundred times, do you Understand?" He asked. "Yes," Molly said. "Ok, promise me," he said, she stood up in front of him, "I promise," She said. He removed the cuff from her hand, and looked at her innocent face, "You really do look like me, and your mother," he said. 

"Are you mad at Mommy now?" Molly asked, "Mm, not really, I mean, the Evil Queen part of your mother has always been in there," he said. Molly climbed up into bed, and Killian sat next to her. "Ok, my turn, how am I doing so far?" Killian asked, "At what?" Molly asked, "Being a father," Killian said, "You're strict," Molly said, raising her little brows like him, he laughed, "Mmm, yes, I am, well, just remember you threw glass at me and you have magic, and I admit your temper is very similar to mine," he said, "You're good," Molly said. "Yeah?" he asked, with a sweet smile. 

"Don't give me away," Molly said, "What? I'm not going to give you away, I know what that's like, and I would never do that to you," he said. "I promise you that," Killian said. "Ok, Papa?" Molly asked, "You are a night owl," he smiled, "Do you like me?" Molly asked. "What? Of course I like you, I love you actually," He said. "Already?" Molly asked, "Of course, you're my child, it's kind of natural," he said. "Does Mommy? The good side," Molly said. "Of course she does," Killian said. "I think even her Evil side loves you too, now, will you please go to sleep?" Killian asked, "Papa, will you stay close?" Molly asked, "I'm not going far love," He smiled. "Wait!" Molly said, Killian stopped, Molly waved her hand and picked up all the glass, making it vanish. "You are good," He winked, she smiled, "Go to sleep," he said, leaving the room. 

Molly didn't stay put for long, she had trouble sleeping, she wondered down the hall, the ship creaked as it rocked, "Papa," Molly said, seeing him in dim light in his quarters, "Can't sleep?" He asked. Molly shook her head. "Come," he said. Molly went to him, and on her own, she climbed up on his lap, he smiled and held her, as she rested her head against his chest. "Well I definitely am good at this," he said. "This is what I dreamed," Molly said. "When?" Killian asked, "When I thought about you, I used to dream about this," Molly said putting her head on his shoulder. He smiled, "Well, I'm happy to have it, go to sleep," he said, rubbing circles on her back as he held her.