Chapter 21 Night

"Daddy!!!" Molly screamed awake in the middle of the night, Killian rushed to her bed, of course the ship only had lanterns, and he lit one, "Shhh, shhh, Hi, it's ok," he sat next to her, his little girl grabbed him, hugging him, and her head resting on his chest, "Ok, ok, it's ok, it was just a dream," He said. "How do you know?" Molly asked, "Well, I'm assuming it was just a dream, you're still here, it's ok," he said. "She wanted to crush your heart," Molly said, "Who?" he asked calmly, wiping the dark wave of hair from her face, "Mommy," Molly said. Killian sighed, "Evil Queen one?" He asked, "Yes," Molly said. "Ok, well, it was a dream, ok? just breathe, it's ok now," he said.

"You know when I had trouble sleeping, I looked at the stars, and felt the ship move over the waves and it was very calming, I still feel that way actually," he said. "The ship isn't moving," Molly said. "Well, it moves a little, but you're right, let's fix that," he said. "What?" She asked, "Mmm, I am the Captain, I can sail whenever I want, it's my ship," he smiled. "Right now?" Molly asked, "Mmhmm," he nodded. "Isn't it late?" Molly asked, "Mmm it's about 3 am, but like I said, I'm the Captain," he smiled.

Molly sat up, "Come on, grab onto me," he said, Molly quickly grabbed her new Liam teddy bear and wrapped around Killian, he smiled, she was quite little even for 10, and he carried her up to the deck. The stars were definitely out and Molly looked up at them. "Ok, well, first we review port and starboard," he said. "Port is left," Molly said, Killian smiled, most impressed with her, "I read it, there's books on this ship remember?" Molly asked, giving him a cute smile. "Ok, you're right, so then starboard of course is right," he said.

Killian got behind the helm, Molly watched him, in her pajamas, holding her teddy bear, at her father's strong and tall, confident posture next to the helm. "Daddy why don't you wear that bigger coat?" She asked, he smiled down at her, "You think that's the Captain's jacket?" He asked, "Yes, Captain Hook," Molly said. "Mmm that's Daddy to you," he said. Molly smiled and watched as they slowly got away from the docks, the waves were calm, but the ship was moving now.

Molly was more than intrigued, the light of the stars made it not pitch dark, and Molly loved the way the ship moved. "Wow," Molly said. "How can you see though?" Molly asked, Killian looked down at her, her curious little eyes not looking so tired anymore, "Well, I've done this 200 years first of all, second, the light is just enough, and a Captain knows how to navigate my dear, using those stars," he said. "How?" Molly asked, "Mmm well I use a sextant," Killian said, "Isn't that bad word?" Molly asked, Killian looked at her confused, "Isn't that how a baby comes?" Molly asked. Killian laughed, "No love, umm that's another conversation, a sexTant, is a tool that looks at the stars and maps it so you can find your way," Killian said. "Daddy can yo teach me all this?" Molly asked, "Of course I can," he smiled.

The ship sailed, slowly, and softly over the water, Killian picked up Molly so she could sit next to him right next to the helm. He saw her yawn, clearly the moving of the ship was rocking her, he wasn't surprised, it was 3 in the morning. A soft smile came across his face, as his daughter started to drift off. He got the ship back to the docks, gently tying it, and he scooped up Molly in his arms and took her down to bed. As a special touch, he put his large coat over her as she slept.

Molly slept peacefully through the night, her stuffed teddy bear, Liam, and her father's large coat over her, and she woke up in the morning. "Daddy," She wiped her eyes and sat up. She went up to the deck, and found her Dad there, "Well, what do you say breakfast?" he asked. "Mommy?" Molly asked, "Well, umm I'm assuming she will be around love," he said. "And you should tell me who gave you the date idea? let me guess, Henry?" He asked, with a smile looking down at her.

She nodded, "Yeah, I asked Henry what a date was," Molly said, Killian picked her up, onto the gangplank and she walked down, "Go on what did he say?" He asked, "He said it's dinner, and candles, and music and dancing, alone," she said. "Mmmm, I see," he said. "Daddy? You didn't tell me if you had a good time," she said. "Mmm, well, we did actually, we had a nice chat, no name calling, talked about you," he said. "And you kissed Evil Queen after why?" Molly asked.

Killian sighed, this was the difficult thing, "Sweetheart, I told you, Regina, is different now, and Evil Queen is a little more.... impulsive, and she's also rather manipulative, you know what that means?" He asked, "no," Molly shook her head, "Mm kinda like when you pout at me to get something," he said. "Oh, Evil Queen does that?" Molly asked, "Well, she does it in a different way," he said. "With kisses?" Molly asked, "Basically, yeah," he said. "And you like it?" Molly asked, "Well, yeah, I do, I know it doesn't really make sense baby," he said.

Arriving at Granny's, Regina entered, "Mommy!" Molly hugged her right away, "Wow, that's a nice greeting," Regina said. "Morning," Killian said, "How much sugar did she have for breakfast?" Regina asked, "Not much, she actually ate eggs," Killian said, "They look like eyes," Molly said, Regina laughed, "Well, at least it's not something encased in sugar," Regina said. "I'll be back," Molly said.

Killian and Regina stood, silently for a second, "Uhh, she asked about last night, and then she ended up having a nightmare about your other half crushing my heart," Killian said, "What?" Regina asked, "Oh.. didn't know you cared," he smirked, she sighed, "Ok, not fair, you know I do, and she needs you, already possible that I have to die, and Emma," Regina sighed, "You're not going to, either of you," Killian said. Molly peaked around the corner, liking her parents talk to each other.

"Look at you hooking .. people up," Evil Queen said behind her, Molly stared at her, "What do you want?" Molly snapped at her, "Not very polite, your father should put you over his knee more," She said. Molly screamed loudly, alerting Regina and Killian, who quickly embraced her, "Mommy," she whined, Killian placed his hand on her head as it was against Regina, "please make her go away," Molly whimpered, Killian sighed, and looked at Regina. "Ok, it's ok, we won't let her hurt you," Regina said.

A/N-- Hmm wonder how much more I can do without the next episode ... Stupid week break!! GRRR