Chapter 23 Brave

Molly loved sailing already, it was clearly in her blood being Killian's daughter. "Daddy? Am I too little to be a Captain?" Molly asked, "Well, you can't really reach the helm yet, and you're 10, and can't go anywhere by yourself, so yes," he smiled. "Daddy can I have a coat like you?" Molly asked, "Yes, I said that, let's get you one, I bet this town there's some place to get it," Killian said. 

"I can handle that," Evil Queen popped up on deck, "What?" Molly asked, Killian moved in front of Molly, "What do you want?" He snapped, "I can make her a coat, wave of the hand," she said. "I'm sure Regina can handle getting her a coat," Killian sassed, "You aren't doing this," He said. "I'm not doing anything, I'm just seeing you, and her," She smiled, with a gleam in her eye. "We aren't together, like that, and right now is just not the time," Killian said. Molly looked up at him, nervously, "Please leave," Killian said, "Fine," Evil Queen sassed and poofed away. 

Killian sighed, Molly hugged him, which was bittersweet, he could tell she was frightened, but he liked that she wanted his comfort. "It's ok baby, let's go see about a coat, people here are from the Enchanted Forest, I guarantee they have something like my coat," He said. Molly nodded and he took her off the ship heading back to town. 

Gold popped up, however, "Bloody hell, no way, not you," Killian pulled Molly behind him, "Hello there dearie," Gold said to Molly, "You have no reason to talk to her," Killian said, "Oh Captain, we are not enemies," Gold said, "Since when?" Killian asked, "Well the Evil Queen and I are somewhat working together you know," Gold said. "Ok, and?" Killian asked, "And you and the Evil Queen have a little magical prodigy there," Gold said, "She is not helping," Killian said. "I taught her, I knew her before you did," Gold said. Killian just started to grow angry, "Get away," Killian warned. "What do you want?" Molly stepped from behind Killian, bravely, "Well, I want to use those shears," Gold said. "You have them?" Molly asked, "Yes, I do," Gold said. Killian clenched his teeth, hating his daughter speaking to the Crocodile. "Can I have them?" Molly asked, "no no, they're not for children's hands," Gold said. "You can't hurt my Daddy," Molly said. 

Killian looked down and saw a fierceness in his 10 year olds eyes, they were his same blue, but this was really him coming through, "I'll help you, but you have to promise you won't hurt my Daddy," Molly said, Gold locked eyes with her, "Fine, I leave him be, what I need from you is your magical backup, against your Aunt," Gold said. Killian stepped in now, "You are not, I forbid it," Killian took Molly's hand, "Why?" Molly asked, "Because...I am your father," Killian started, "No.. I mean why do you want to go against Zelena?" Molly asked Gold. "Well, you'll find out when the time comes little dearie," Gold said. "And you won't hurt my Daddy?" Molly asked, "No, on my honor," Gold said, "Prove it," Molly said. Gold produced the dagger, Killian held Molly's hand tightly, "Here, command me to," Gold handed it to her, and Molly took it in her small hand. 

"You promise to not hurt my Daddy," Molly said holding the dagger to Gold, "Yes," Gold said. "Good, bye," Molly handed it back to him. Killian glared at him and he was gone. He sighed, "You don't ever make deals with him!" Killian scolded, "But he promised on the dagger," Molly said. "Molly, you listen to me," he breathed, "I'm sorry, I just want you safe," Molly pouted, he sighed, "Ok, ok, Honey, he's not to be trusted, ever," Killian said calmly. "Come, let's umm, we'll talk to your mother about this after the coat," He said. "Which mother?" Molly asked, "Both," Killian sighed. 

They arrived in town across from Granny's was a shop, the tailor made things in the Enchanted Forest, and still had some clothes of that style. "Ok up here," The tailor had Molly stand up on a block, in front of a mirror. He brought out a long coat, it was small compared to Killian's, but perfect for Molly. It was black and had a velvet pattern over it, a long tail coat, just like Killian's, it wasn't leather, so it was lighter. Killian smiled seeing his daughter fitted cutely in this replica of his long jacket. "Look Daddy," Molly smiled at him, the coat came down to the back of her knees, "I love it," Killian said. 

They headed to Granny's, it was lunch time, Emma and Regina were on a tea break, "Mommy look!" Molly came running to her twirling in the coat, "Oh my goodness, you turned her into you," Regina said. "Oh come on, it's still a little feminine," Killian smiled, "Mommy a Captain needs a jacket," Molly smiled up at her, Regina pursed her lips, and Killian smiled proudly at the little girl, "You're right," Regina smiled. Killian was surprised, "Well.." Killian said raising a brow at her, "Ok, well she also needs to dress like a princess sometimes," Regina said, "You sound like her," Molly said. "Who?" Regina asked, "Evil Queen," Molly said. Regina's face sank, and she sighed, "I'm sorry," Regina said, "Uhh, Molly look, Granny has some fresh cake over there," Killian pointed, "I can have it before real food?" Molly asked, "Yes, just this once go on," Killian pat her behind and she ran off. 

"We have to talk," Killian said, "That's never good, I remember that," Emma said, Killian sighed, "Yeah well, Molly made Gold swear not to hurt me, holding the dagger actually, if she helps handle her Aunt," Killian said, "Zelena?" Regina asked, "Obviously, I have no idea," Killian said. "Dammit, I have to get closer to them, can you.. wait.. no.." Regina sighed, "What?" Killian asked, "Well you have some leverage here with my Evil half... use it," Regina said. His eyes widened, "You want me to manipulate your Evil half with kisses? or?" Killian looked at her, Emma sighed and avoided this whole thing, "Something like that," Regina said. "Just... something, be a pirate, I know you have it in you, I'll work on Zelena," Regina said. 

"Daddy Mommy  look!" Molly came over, "Wow that is a big piece of cake," Regina said. "Mmm, you said I can!" Molly smirked, "That's you," Regina said, "You think?" Killian asked, with a smile, "Yeah," Regina smiled back as they watched their little girl, now in her Killian replica coat get chocolate on her lips eating it. "Child has your smile Regina," Killian said, "Your eyes," She said.