Chapter two: Er...that's not physically possible

Rinsing what was left of the shampoo in my hair; I jumped out of the shower and raced around the bathroom putting on the clothes Crabby had given me.

The jeans he had given me were too big so I rolled them over once at the waist and twice at the bottom. The top, on the other hand, was too small and you could see my bra as it was only a little vest top. I shoved my hair up in the towel and ran out of the bathroom towards where I could hear voices.

“The garden is on fire!” I shouted to get anyone’s attention as I ran through the halls.

Taking a left I stumbled into a kitchen where Jordans, Crabby and another boy who I was guessing was Mr. Gun sat at a table with Taylor and another man who looked a lot like the boys. “Taylor!” I gasped when I saw her and ran to her “Are you okay?”

“Of course she’s okay,” Jordans answered for her “We didn’t hurt her. We’re not monsters!”

“You kidnapped us.” Taylor  glared at him. We were getting out of here as soon as possible.

“Yes and I’m very sorry about my Nephew’s behaviour. I’m sure they just panicked when they saw you and Taylor here.” The man- who looked around forty- said with sincerity.

 “So we can go?” I asked in hope of normality again

“Erm,” He looked away “I’m afraid it’s not that simple.”

“What do you mean ‘it’s not that simple?’ Of course it’s that simple! You say ‘oops, sorry we kidnapped you, here’s the cab fare and be on your way!” I shouted at him

“Cab fare?” Mr. Gun cocked an eyebrow

“Well how else are we going to get home?” Taylor asked him

“Arabella,” Crabby spoke softly “What did you come down for?”

“The garden…” I said but when I looked out of the window, there was no fire. I snapped my head back to Mr. Gun who was smirking “But…but there was a fire! Everything went up in flames! All of the flowers, the grass…” I trailed off when he grimaced 

“Yeah, no thanks to you.” He shook his head

“Are you seriously trying to blame the garden going up in flames on me? When I was in the shower?” I asked and scrunched my face up tightly

“What the hell are you doing?” Mr. Gun asked me

I opened one eye “Just checking to see if I can freeze time.”

“What?” Jordans asked

Un-scrunching my face I smirked at him “Well if it was my fault I would have had to stop time and set fire to the garden before jumping back in the shower.” I scrunched up my face once again and then looked at the boys “Nope, that’s not possible so I’m no longer a suspect.”

The man chuckled “You’re so much like your mother Arabella.”

I turned around to face him fully “What do you know about my mum?”

“Your father and  I are good friends.” He smiled

“You mean you were good friends.” I corrected him