27. Now and then

Hey! So this chapter is split up into 'Now' which is the present and 'then' which is the past. I haven't proof read as per. Enjoy! Xoxox

Now
"Is there gonna be another bloody proposal?" I mumbled to myself.

"Don't let go of my hand." Marcus stood up and grabbed me.

People around us were screaming, moving around and bumping into others trying to get out of hall. Something was wrong.

Something was very wrong.

"What's going on?" I shouted over the screaming to Marcus.

"I don't know." He shouted back and brought me into his chest protectively.

"Arabella!" I heard shouting over the crowd. "Where is the princess?"

"Attention ladies and gentlemen." A voice spoke through a microphone that had been set up. The spotlight started moving around the room randomly until it landed on a masked man who was standing behind my parents.

"There is no need to be alarmed." He smiled at the crowd. "We are just going to perform a little magic trick. We were hired by the Princess herself."

"Marcus..." I hissed. Knowing that something bad was happening because I had not hired anyone.

"Shh." He hissed me staring at the man in the mask.

"For our first trick we are going to need a volunteer." He looked around the room until his eyes met mine.

"Marcus..." I tried again.

"You didn't hire them did you?" He gripped me tighter.

"Obviously you idiot." I hissed.

"For or first trick ladies and gentlemen. We are going to make the princess disappear.

"Like hell they are." Marcus hissed and started to pull me away.

There was a slight mumbling among the crowd and my parents looked at each other in worry. My father had just started to stand up and protest when the strobe lights came on.

My vision was restricted to the small images my eyes could capture during the one second intervals where the light was on before it quickly flashed off and repeated.

"Marcus!" I shouted and grabbed onto him.

"Do not let go of me Arabella I mean it." He shouted, holding my hand tightly and attempted to pull me away.

Arms wrapped around my waist and picked me up off the floor. I let out a scream and Marcus turned around, still holding my hand and tried to pull me towards him.

"Get off of her." He growled.

"What's wrong lover boy?" The boy who was holding me laughed.

I have a tendency to act out without thinking when I am angry or scared. When I was five and thought I had heard a burglar downstairs, I grabbed my hairbrush and headed down there ready to kick some burglar arse.

Once I had located the burglar. (who was looking at our boiler). I ran at him and slapped his bum hard with my hairbrush. Then I hit him twice on the back.

By this time the burglar had made a sufficient amount of noise that my aunt came running.

"Arabella what are you doing?" She grabbed me and pulled me away from the burglar.

"He's trying to steal all our stuff aunt Stella. He's trying to take all of the water in the boiler and then he'll take all of your jewellery and then probably steal my GameBoy." I shrieked at the thought of losing my pac-man game.