Twenty Four - The Red Room

I know I completely suck for being away for such a long time but I'm back...enjoy :) xoxoxo

On the day before Christmas Eve, whilst I was in my brand new bedroom- or ‘chamber’ since I’m a princess now- My father came in to talk to me.

“What would you like for Christmas Arabella?” He sat down on one of the horrible leather chairs that he had insisted I have in my room.

“For this to be a sick dream.” I mumbled

“I am getting old Arabella, but not deaf.” He sighed “I will only ask one more time, I have all of the money in the world, whatever you desire, I can give you.”

“Fine.” I walked away from the book shelf I had been studying and looked at him “I want you to bring Stella and Taylor here and they will join us at the Christmas ball.”

My mother- who I still had not met yet because she was away from the palace- had organised a huge ball where my father told me Marcus and I would announce our proposal. I was not allowed to see my dress for this ball until tomorrow morning.

I was dreading it.

And also, Kyle would be there.

I hadn’t seen him since that time he told me he loved me.

“Why must you be so difficult child?” He huffed

“You’re my father I must have got that trait from you.” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Actually you got that from your mother.” He sighed “Very well. Is there anyone else you want me to bring to the palace?”

“Elliot.” I nodded

My father frowned “You are betrothed Arabella.”

“Oh God, calm down, Elliot is a friend.” I rolled my eyes

“If you are sure Marcus will be okay with it?” I could tell I was close to getting my own way.

“Marcua and Elliot are also good friends father.” I lied

“Very well then.” My father nodded “I shall see what I can do.” He walked towards the door but turned around to face me just before he was about to leave. “Your mother will be home tomorrow and u expect you to be on your best behaviour Arabella, I have put up with your temper tantrums and disrespect but I will not allow you to treat your mother in such a manor.”

I stared at the door once he had slammed it and listened to his footsteps echo down one of the hallways.

I hadn’t been that bad had I?

During the time that I had been here for I had read a few books, explored the castle grounds, smiled at a load of people I did not know, tasted different foods for the ball, played tennis, swam in the pool and done everything imaginable.