Twenty: 'The Elliot'

My best friend's reading this right now... YourSecretNerd just got a little less secret...oops :)

***

There were plenty of emotions that ran through me as I sat around the kitchen table with the Knights and my Sperm Donor.

Because that was all he really was to me.

Embarrassment washed over me at the thought of myself actually trying to run away to a place where I wasn't wanted, and being caught.

Anger sparked in my chest at the fact Kyle said those things to me, and that he caught me.

I just wanted to go home.

Wherever the hell that was.

"Arabella do you have anything to say for yourself?" Archie gave me a patronising glare.

"No." I growled out "If I'm not allowed to see my real family then can I just go to bed please?"

"Arabella, I am your real family!" The Sperm Donor slammed his fist onto the table, making it shake.

"Oh really, were you there for me when I cried my eyes out over the maths exam I got an F in, in year eight? Did you plaster up all of my cuts and scrapes? Did you chase the boys away when they started throwing water balloons at me when I was nine? Did you cook and eat dinner with my most days of the week, or ask me how my day was, or take me fishing? No you did not. You know nothing about me, so you don't get the right to call yourself family. You gave up on me. But I don't hate you for that, because if you hadn't then I wouldn't have gotten to meet Stella and Phil- two of the nicest, sweetest and most caring people in the water. Blood is most definitely not thicker than water here pal." I scraped my chair out from underneath me and stood up, glaring back at the sperm donor the way he was glaring at me.

"Go to your room." The SD barked

"It would be my pleasure Sperm Donor." I smirked at him because strutting out of the room.

I heard a lot of shouting and swearing coming from the kitchen as I left, all from the SD.

"Ari," I heard shouting after me and then footsteps running down the hall "Ari come back!"

"Dyl, I'm sorry but this really isn't a good time." I carried on walking

"Ari," She grabbed me by the wrist and stopped me from walking any further up the stairs. "Why did you want to leave?"

I sighed, looking down at her from two steps above, I could really tell hwo fragile and innocent she was. She was too kind to the world, she thought that people were only out there to help her. She needed me.

"I miss them Dyl, I'm sorry. But they are my family, they're the ones I've grown up with most of my life, it's them I have my first memories with. Could you imagine being taken away from your family Dyl? Being told that you can't see them or even speak to them because your very existence endangers them?"

The look on her face was devastating.

"Exactly." I nodded and carried on walking, shutting the door of Dylan's room behind me because I didn't actually have a room to be sent to. I had mostly just been sleeping on the sofa and in here.

We don't talk about the whole I-used-to-sleep-in-Kyle's-bed-and-he-used-to-sleep-shirtless fiasco.

I grabbed my phone from my back pocket and unlocked it, seeing a couple of emails and a text from Marcus.