Seventeen: Princesses don't walk

“Oh I’ll wear the bloody shoes!” I shouted and snatched the shoes that Dylan had been parading around me and begging me to wear for the past half hour.

“Yes!” She through the heels and me and successfully smacked me in the head with one of them “Oh my God I’m so sorry Ari!” She screamed yet again and ran towards the bed where I was sitting.

“Is it bruised?” I groaned

“No I don’t think so.” She inspected my forehead “But don’t worry if it is, the shoes will take away the focus on your face.”

“Thanks.” I laughed.

“Now, we have the shoes…we need the outfit.”  She squealed and ran out of the room, returning in a few seconds with a couple of bags.

“Dylan what are they?” I got up off of the bed and walked towards her.

“It’s okay, Marcus gave me the money. He gave me the exact instructions on what to buy you!” She jumped up and down on the spot in excitement and then remembered the task she had a head of her.

“Here,” She reached down into the first bag and pulled out a black, low cut body con dress.

“Will that even cover any of my skin?” I asked in horror at the sight of the tiny piece of material.

“I knew you’d be fussy.” She rolled her eyes and pulled out another dress from the second bag.

It was a halter neck, low cut, skater dress with black lace detail at the top and a plain black skater skirt. “So it’s a good job Kyle came with me.”

“Kyle?” I repeated in astonishment

“Yeah, he saw that and he bought it for you.” She shrugged and handed the material to me.

“Kyle bought me a dress to wear for my date with Marcus?” I clarified slowly like an idiot.

“Dude that’s what I just said.” Dylan laughed “Now come and sit down so I can do your make up.”

It took forty five minutes for Dylan to pluck my eyebrows, cover my face in foundation, consealer and bronzer, apply my mascara and eyeliner and then finish the look off with a deep red lipstick.

“Okay I’m done.” Dylan smiled at my face and chucked me my dress over “Put this on I want pictures and a fashion show….my little princess is going on her first date!”

“Not my first mother.” I laughed and traded the pink dressing gown and matching slippers I was wearing with my new dress and Eifel tower heels.

“Don’t mention that to Marcus!” Dylan laughed.