Chapter Three//This Can Not Be Happening

Nicole put on a fake smile as she walked towards the principle. She had to tell her, before the winged where sent to earth once again.

The principle, Mrs.Lee was a family friend of Nicole. Any lie that came out of Nicole's mouth she would believe. And she was sure about that.

"Excuse me, Mrs Lee" Nicole said as politely as possible towards the principle who was currently setting up for the morning announcements.

She turned towards the red head and laughed. "Oh pleas Nicole, call me by my name Sandra. You know I hate formality"

Nicole forced a laugh. "Oh sorry!"

Sandra put her hand on her hip. "So, what can I do for you?"

Nicole took a deep breath. "Well, I know it's only been a couple days, but I've noticed something. Katelyn's human knows mine so I saw how she was treating him. She wasn't guarding him properly and I'm afraid she could be the cause of dark energy..."

Mrs. Lee gasped. "Is that true? I would never expect Katelyn to do such a thing like that. She's one of our best students"

Nicole nods faking a sad look. "I was surprised to..."

"Well thank you so much for telling me that Nicole. I'll have to give her the punishment..." she mumbled.

"Punishment?"

Mrs. Lee sighed, "Well since she is new at guarding I won't do anything rash yet. The punishment is basically trapping her on earth, making her visible to her human. She will have to protect her human now that he can see her"

"I think that's good..." mumbled Nicole fighting back the sense of guilt.

But it had to be done, she thought. Everyone will be focused on Katelyn now, so if she lets her human be hers no one will notice.

"Thank you, and goodbye" she said while walking back.

"I'm sorry for using you Katelyn, but I can't afford being caught loving the man I love."

。·。·。·。·。·。·。·。·。·。·。·。·。·。·。·

-Katelyn-

I woke up smiling, birds chirping in the background and sun shining apon my face knowing that today was the weekend and I didn't have to protect my human-

Crap. It's Monday.

For some reason I felt all the birds leave and clouds covered the sun when I realized that.

I took a deep breath and got myself out of bed.

I survived guarding him for a week I can do another! Even though I really don't want to...

I went through the morning routines through a blur, Next thing I knew I was back at the dump of my school.

Aphmau looked as if she was ready for anything while Nicole... stayed silent as she was all last week.

I stopped questioning it because if I did she would get quite upset at me, but I couldn't help feeling as if something's up.

Aphmau though, her human apparently is a model and easy to protect. She kept of talking about him none stop, I was now begging her to shut up.

The principle tapped her microphone and began speaking the usual morning announcements.

"Hello! Welcome everyone to your second week guarding! I'm sure you all have the hang of it and that your protecting your humans properly."