Chapter Eighteen//Butterflies

*sigh*

Today is no other...

The day of the dance.

I had been telling myself that I'd be okay, and that it's just one stupid dance but, the closer I got to it, the more nervous I got.

All day I had been having these annoying butterflies in my stomach, which for why I didn't quite know.

Maybe the oh so tough Katelyn is nervous about kissing Travis at midnight-

NO! Shut up sub conscience. Your nothing but an annoying voice.

I sighed and sat up from my bed. It was after school, currently 16:00. The dance wouldn't start until 20:00 so I had 4 hours to waste.

I already had my dress and everything, but me and Nicole made sure Travis didn't see it yet, until the dance that is.

Nicole had explained something about "making him so shocked he will fall down and the only way to wake him up is by a kiss" which I had knew she was joking.

But there is one thing that you can't beat about Nicole. Once she is set on something, you can't change her mind.

Even if you tell her you will give her all the cookies you have, she won't change her mind (trust me, I tried that before)

I opened my door and saw that Travis was cooking something downstairs.

I ran down in panic, because I was worried he'd hurt him self or even worse, burn the whole house down.

"Are You okay?" I asked in panic as Travis looked up from what he was doing, mixing something in a pot with the back of a wooden spoon.

I had known it was common knowledge to mix something with the front of the spoon, so I looked at him as if he was stupid.

"Oh hey Katelyn! Uh what's with the face" he asked as he started mixing again, but now looking at me.

"You know you can mix with the spoon itself? That's why it's a spoon?" I stated with no enthusiasm.

He laughed. "I know, but I find it more fun the other way around. Besides I'm crushing chocolate- WAIT! Katelyn! GO AWAY PLEASE!"

I took a step back from his sudden outburst. "W-Why?"

He turned the pot away from me, and hid it as if it was his prized possession. "Forget You saw ANYTHING!"

I nodded even though I had no idea what he meant. Once you know Travis for so long, these random moments don't seem as weird anymore.

I walked boredly to the living room and saw Garroth laying down on the couch watching something.

I looked at the screen and saw it was "Yuri on ice".

I gasped. "Garroth! YOU EVIL LIL' NUGGET! HOW COME YOU DID'NT TELL ME THERE WAS A NEW EPISODE?!"

Garroth stared at me with a scared expression. "P-please don't kill me! I forgot!"

I jumped on him and laughed, "This is what you get! Haha!"

He laughed back as we started watching yuri on ice.

Before we knew it, it was almost the time for the dance. Mann, time flies when you watch anime. If only time flew like that at school...

The butterflies in my stomach feeling grew faster as Aphmau walked down and smiled, "Okay! Time to get dressed up!"

I had known that Aphmau LOVED dressing people up. Unlike me who LOVES punching people up. (I used to take karate class, thats why)

Aphmau had to drag me upstairs as I whined "save me" over and over again.