Chapter Six//Special

Today Travis had to go to school once again. I wanted to laugh in his face because you know I don't have to go to school and he has but, I actually wanted to go to school for once.

Not to learn pfft naw, who do you think I am a mathematician? (References man)

I wanted to see what humans think of winged humans. That boy I meet yesterday, Jeffery, was reading a book about winged humans and I want to see what is written in that book.

He said he didn't believe they existed yet he was still reading about them... Something about it felt off.

"Travis can I come to your school again?" I asked while walking downstairs.

He gave me a look that said, 'Why would you ever want to make that decision' and plainly said, "Why"

I laughed. "I just want to visit the library again. Got a problem with that?"

He sighs but then a sudden smirk grows on his face. "You just can't get enough of me can't you?"

I slap him and head towards the door turning backwards. "You coming dork?"

He rubs his cheek and nods while following me. He locks the door behind him and we start walking to school together.

"You know, since I need to protect you and all I need to be at your school. Maybe I could enter it?" I said piping up a conversation.

"Katelyn, like I said you don't need to protect me. Seriously" he mumbles while looking away.

"I need to! Or else I can't go back." I state.

"You don't want to stay here? Isn't life here better then your realm?"

I look at him strangely. "Of course not, I like my home a lot better. No offence to you Travis."

He lets out a soft laugh. "None taken... Your just like them aren't you..."

"Hum, what ya say?" I asked since I didn't really know what he said since it was just soft mumbles.

He looked toward and placed his hands behind his neck. "Nothing. Anyways if you moved to our school I bet your would look good in the uniform. Especially the skirt-"

And there goes slap number two. Man 2 already in the morning, he is on a streak.

"Sheeeesh, it was just a compliment!" He pouted while placing his hands on his hips.

I rolled my eyes, a language I've mastered through out my life and noticed that we where already at school.

A boy with brown hair and blue eyes waved towards Travis and said, "Hey, that's how your girlfriend looks like! She does look like a model as you said!"

I looked at the boy then back at Travis. A model?!

Travis gave a sheepish laugh, "Whoops! Look at the time, I better get going to class!"

Travis starts running towards the school before I could slap him again with the brunette following him. "Wait Travis, class starts in 10 minutes....!"

I just stand there glaring at him until he is out of sight. We are going to have a serious talk once I see him again...

I sigh and begin walking through the hallways in the school when I hear a soft sobbing in the distance.

I began walking towards it out of curiosity when I notice on the floor in the middle of a deserted hallway a blonde boy crying.

His face is covered by his knees, while his arms are wrapped around his knees, hugging them.