Chapter Twelve//Bail

We stood in front of a place where Garroth would be. Jail

Who would of known that, just because he SAID that he is an angel guardian, they decided to send him to jail. With no evidence whatsoever.

My hands trembled.

"Let's go, and get this over with okay?" Said Travis as he decided to press on and enter the building.

I took a shaky breath and followed him, Zane closely behind. During the car ride, he was silent.

I couldn't imagine a family member, stuck in jail. For something so stupid.

It made me think, is this how my family feels after I got punished? Disappointed, scared?

My parents where always stricted on mostly everything. It made me feel guilty that a child they raised to be a fine person ended up getting punished.

I shook the thoughts out of my head, focusing on what the situation is currently, Garroth.

We walked through the entrance on the jail, greeted by a ever so bored secretary behind a glass window.

"Yes, what can I do for you?" She said in the dullest tone imaginable.

"We are here to see Garroth. Garroth Ro'meave." Travis said to the lady.

She looked on her computer and sighed. "The angel right? And what do you want to do with him?"

"We want to get him out" Zane said, the first thing he uttered this whole trip.

"One thousand to bail em'"

My eyes widened. One thousand? For a crime with completely no evidence?

"How is that possible? You don't even know for sure if he is a angel guardian" I piped up.

The lady glared at me for speaking up. "I don't make the rules. All I know is that Angel Guardian's aren't safe and that the gouvernement doesn't want them"

Travis took out his wallet and sighed, "Here. One Thousand."

I gasped and whispered to him. "Really?"

He nodded sternly as the lady took the money hesitantly wondering if that's what Travis really wants to do.

She called security to grab Garroth as went back to looking at her computer dully. Man I wouldn't want to have that job. No mercy.

Garroth walked in behind a security guard. His face in tears, with bags under his eyes. I assumed he didn't sleep all night.

"Here." Said the security guard to us. "Have a nice day!"

I looked at Garroth as he looked up at us.

Zane walked towards him and mumbled, "Let's go Garroth..."

Garroth nodded his eyes in tears as we walked away.

I looked at Travis and noticed a tear down his cheek"

"Are You okay?" I asked.

He wiped his tear away. "It's just... it's so good how they care for each other, even if it doesn't look that way. They may not show it but they still care for each other.

Makes me happy that at least some family members get along..."

"You don't get along with yours?" I asked surprised by his comment.

"Something like that. Anyways at least Garroth is back" he said, clearly changing the conversation.

I nodded and saw Zane walking beside Garroth who was still silently crying.

And smiled.

------

We arrived home in silence, until I was the first to pipe up. "Garroth... what happened there?"

Garroth took a seat on the couch as we joined him as if he was telling some fantasy story.

"Well..." He began nervously, clearly making it obvious that he was still shaken up from the event.

"I know jail is where people go when you do horrible crimes and I'd never expected to go to jail. For just telling the truth..."

I placed an arm on his shoulder. "We've all established that humans don't want to hear nothing about us Winged. If they ask you who you are, say your human."

Garroth nodded and continued. "I couldn't sleep all night, as you can probably tell, since I had over heard a conversation that said that their planning to... um, make all winged slaves. Or even worse, kill them"

My eyes widened. "That's so stupid! Just because we're telling about ourselves-"

"The gouvernement must have something against us. This reminds me of that war against winged and humans we've studied in school" Interrupted Zane.

"War?" Asked Travis who sat beside me with a glass of water in his hand, which he passed to Garroth.

I sighed. "Well, long ago, maybe a thousand years a ago, a war broke out against humans and winged. A winged man discovered how to give a punishment to winged humans, by alternating some code inside of us which we got during birth so that our wings worked properly.

Anyways, by alternating that code a lot of winged where on earth and tried to spread news of winged humans since the regular humans believed they didn't exist.

War broke out against the both humans to which the humans won, resulting to the fact that now we have to guard them intern to make dark energy go away.

I thought most people knew about us, but that isn't the case..."

"Do you think history is repeating itself? All of a sudden a lot of us are being punished..." mumbled Garroth.

"I don't know..."

Zane sighed. "Well, at least your s-safe..."

"Aw, My baby brother is caring for me!" Exclaimed Garroth as he hugged Zane.

I laughed and turned to Travis. "Thank You again, for being beside us through all of this."

He smiled. "Of course! Anything for a pretty lady!"

I sighed, but I felt myself smiling as well.

Even in though times like this, he still manages to make a joke.

That's Travis for ya.

-------------------------------------

Wooooooooooooop!

The story line is progressing! Yas!

Also thank you guys so much for 2.5 K reads on this story!

That's just crazily amazing!

Thanks for reading, shipping Travlyn and staying amazing!

BAI!