Chapter V - Halloween Party

~Aphmau's PoV~

Today's Halloween! I'm so excited!
Aaron and I were hosting a Halloween party, and only those who dressed up were allowed to attend. I made that part rather specific when I texted Zane, knowing he might try to come with no costume. He's such a party pooper. I giggled at my choice of childish words.
"Okay, the fog machine is good, ready to work when the party starts. I have the dried ice for the cauldron, and the apple 'eyes' for the blood." Aaron came into the kitchen, where I was currently fixing some black, purple and orange banners.
"Perfect!" I gave another small giggle. "Um, I think all we need is a good music station and the rest of the food and we're set!"
"Yeah, I think I have the music covered. I'll just play the station of 'Halloween Party' Pundora recommended to me earlier this week. I listened to it a bit, it seems pretty festive."
"Okay, good, now if you could help me with the last of the food and setting out the baked treats we bought earlier." I grabbed the Halloween boxed cupcakes we got from the grocery store.
"Alrighty, I got that." Aaron grabbed the multiple boxes and put them on the wooden table, that was now covered in dark drapery and a dirty candelabra. He took all the cupcakes out, each being adorned by candy bones, gummy eyes, or something along those lines.
"Hmm..." I thought about adding fake blood to some of the food, en decided against it, seeing as the food seemed creepy enough. After more than thirty minutes, when all the food was ready, Aaron and I went to put on our costumes. We decided to try something kind of like a pair. My costume consisted of white fluffy wings, a shiny, golden halo, a faded white flowing dress that stopped a little below my knees, and a beautiful cape. I was going to be an angel. Aaron's costume had a dark crimson shirt with many rusting jewels attached, darker-than-blood-red jeans, and two ornate horns. He was to be the devil. I thought the idea of us having somewhat matching costumes was cute.
"So, how do I look?" I turned to Aaron, the speaker, who was coming downstairs. As soon as I saw him, I felt a blush creep onto my face.
He looks so nice.
"You look so.." I trailed off, and he just smirked.
"You look cute." He said simply, walking to the kitchen. That only made my blush grow a deeper shade of red.
"Uh-uhm.. people should be getting here by now." I tried changing the subject. Just after I said that, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!"
Oh thank Irene for plot convenience..
I shuffled to the door, and opened it. "Hi!"
"Hey Aphmau!" I was greeted by four boys, a brunette, a blonde, one with white hair and one with blue.
"Alrighty, costume explanation time..!" I said, and looked over to Garroth and Laurance, because I didn't really get what exactly they were. I mean, they looked as if they were just colors, as in, one was blue and the other a light brown.
"Isn't it obvious? Peanut Butter and Jelly!" Once Garroth and Laurance walked in, their costumes made more sense.
Oh my Irene they did a paired costume that is utterly adorable.
"That is so cute, it's perfect." Garroth was the blue Jelly, and Laurance was the Skeppy Peanut Butter. I let them in, and turned to face Dante and Travis.
"I'm a vampire." Dante said bluntly. His blue hair was slicked back, he had fake fangs and blood, and a black and red cloak nearly covered his entire person. He brought the side of his cloak up to his face and covered his mouth, for that signature vampire effect. "Mouhahaha."
"Much bloody, very spoopy." I said, almost breaking out laughing. "Come in." He walked in and joined the other two in talking. "Alright Travis, your turn."
"Zombie!" His skin was a light green, and he had torn clothes with a very visible bite mark on his left hand. His skin was made to be peeling off and rotting, with his hair being very messy.
"Very nice Trav, good job!" I inspected the 'rotting flesh' more closely. "Did you do this?"
"Yup!"
"That is really cool Travis, come on in!" I opened the door more, let him in and closed the door.
The night went on, and more people had arrived. Kawaii~Chan and Katelyn were here, with KC being a creepy doll, and Katelyn looking like she came out of a pixelized fighting game. Lucinda was here, and she had a torn light gray dress on, with her make up skills coming in handy because she many bleeding cuts on her face. There were many others who got here, with their costumes pretty much blowing me away, as I pretty much only had a store bought one.
"This is so cool!" I went up to Aaron. "And this fog machine works so nicely, I can hardly see the floor, which I don't know if that's a good or bad thing." The lights were pretty much all off, other than some purple and orange ones around with mood candles.
"Yeah, I think this party is going pretty well, we did good."
"We did the good!" I jumped up and down, super excited for everyone having a good time.
Ding dong!
"Oh, be right back." I rushed to the door, trying my best to avoid the wings, witch hats and tails attached to people. I opened the door, greeting whomever may be on the other side. "Hello!"
"Hey Aph." A familiar dark voice said.
"Oh Zan-" I stopped. I looked him up and down. "Wow, I didn't know you could be so passionate about something." He was wearing contacts that made his eye completely white, and he had somehow painted his face to be a really dark gray. He didn't have his normal mask on, instead having one that had a detailed skull print on it. But the thing that shocked me the most was the fact that he had his hair tied back in a small low pony tail. Sadly, he had his right eye covered up by a white square eye patch, and his mask was on higher than usual.
"Hey, me of all people would obviously love Halloween. So, I kind of go all out.. sort of." Zane responded.
This could be the only time we ever get to see the full upper half of his face. Well, almost the full upper half.
I took a glance at his right eye.
Why does he always cover it up?

~Travis's PoV~
Out of the corner of my eye I see Aphmau get the door and greet whoever's there. After a small while, Aphmau steps aside and let's the person in. It's Zane, and it looks like he only has his mask covering his face. I immediately get interested and walk over to them. Getting a closer look, I see that his eye is covered up. I let out an audible 'awh', and they give me questioning looks.
"What was that about." Zane turns to fully look at me. My heart skipped a beat.
Shit, he's hot.
"Nothing!" I shout and flail suddenly, swiftly walking away. I get back to the small group of guy friends, with my face feeling kind of warm. My breathing got a little shorter, due to my heart rate going up.
Why did I get so flustered so suddenly?
My heart calms back down after the strange encounter.
"What was that all about?" Dante approached me. He seemed to be the only one who saw the whole mini ordeal.
"I don't know. I just got a little overwhelmed for some reason."
Dante came a little closer, looking at me straight in the face, squinting. He soon said, "Ohhh... okay I get it." He gave me a small smirk.
"Wait, what?" I questioned, confused.
"Exactly~." He started shuffling backwards, and he had his arms in front of him, wiggling them like noodles as he backed away slowly. He was visibly moving his eyebrows up and down alternatively.
I just stood there, even more confused. "Um, alrighty then." The night went on, and strangely, I avoided Zane, as I didn't want a repeat of what happened. But, I still had a lot of fun, bobbing for eyes in the blood bowl and listening to spooky tunes.

Word count: 1421
Welp, here's the Halloween Party chapter! Sorry the end was rather abrupt, I just wanted to end it somewhere so I could work on the previous chapter (yes I finished this chapter before the one before this one).

So, the second part to Storm will be published, but it will be before this one, as in the timeline, the events of Storm will have already occurred and the Halloween party is after those events.
(If you are reading this part after you've read the two parts of Storm, then ignore this whole paragraph. I just wanted a Halloween Chapter out today)
Live,
Love,
Lapis,
HAVE A SPOOPY HALLOWEEN! Bye my Gems!