☆ Chapter XXXXX - Love ☆

~ Zane's PoV ~

I put my phone down, and stretch. Today's the day I asked Travis out, for once. I don't have much planned out, and I didn't ask anyone for help. I refused anyone who offered. I want this to be just from me.
Travis had just texted me that he's coming over soon. He asked me what we were going to do a hundred times over, but I responded with the same thing: I'm not saying anything. He would whine, but I kept my mouth shut. I suspect he tried to get Garroth to tell him, as once he asked what I was going to today, Friday, but I said a date with Travis. He asked me to where, I said a surprise. I told no one, not even Aphmau and her big mouth.
This is a complete mystery to everyone else.
But, it seems like I'm hyping this up too much. Really, it's just dinner and going to the park, like that one time he brought me and we acted like tiny children. The restaurant I got had most of it's table above water, so what I'm thinking is a candlelit dinner under the stars. Maybe since he's coming over a little early we can just hang out for a bit. It's currently around six thirty, and I have reservations for seven fifteen.
So, since I know Travis is almost here, I quickly run downstairs, grabbing my phone and connecting to the small speaker. I put on a random station on Pundora, and the first song that comes on is Count on Me. Honestly, I do like this song, and do like dancing, I just can't dance formally.
My brother and Laurance are out as well, probably went to see a movie or something. I wonder which they chose to go see.
My phone buzzes.

Cutie with the silver hair: open the doooor!

I sigh, chuckling lightly, as I go over to the entrance of my house and open the doors. I look out, expecting to see Travis, when I see no one. I step out a little, still not seeing my apparently disappearing boyfriend. My eyes dart back and forth, then down, and they lock with a blood red rose on my doorstep. I don't react at first, then smile, shaking my head and crouching it down to pick it up.
That romantic dork.
I hear steps behind me, then two hand pulling me up into the air. I almost drop the rose, and yelp in surprise.
"Hah! I can be romantic too!" Travis calls from behind me, swinging me around. He walks back into my house.
"Travis, put me down!" I say, flailing.
"I thought that you wanted to dance~! If not, why did you connect to the speaker?"
"No particular reason." I mumble, since I sort did want to dance. "Plus, this isn't the way two people dance!"
"It's the way I do it!" He twirls, bringing me around with him.
"Put me down or I swear to Irene I'll whack you with a rose." I threaten, knowing it wouldn't hurt either way. This rose has no thorns on it.
"Okay, okay, fine." He loosens his grip on me and I slip out of his grasp. "There."
"Thank you." I say sarcastically, closing the door.
"So?" He asks, holding out his hand.
"What?"
"Ugh, you're clueless." He grabs my hand, and twirls me to the beat of the song, which has switched to Classic. I make a small oop sound, but keep myself from stumbling. Travis let's go of my hand and brings his arms up, nodding his head to the beat of the song. His legs switch from simple tapping, then coordinated movements, like a swaying motion.
He's dancing to a fast paced song.
We've only ever really done slower songs where I practice my steps, bodies comfortably pressed together. Steps organized, and eyes staring at each other.
I like dancing to fast paced songs, I just never do it in front of anyone.
Travis had closed his eyes, and one opens to greet me.
"Come on!" He says cheerfully. The song drowns out and a new song takes its place: Shape of You. He starts dancing again, laughing. I stay still, and was about to move when Travis grabs both of my hands and pulls me towards him.
We soon entangle ourselves in some of mix of dancing -- fast paced music, but still latched together at hands. Soon enough my shyness melted away, and I'm laughing like an idiot at his strange attempts at looking cool while dancing.
"What are you actually doing?" I say in between gasps because I've been laughing too much.
"Dancing, psh, what are you doing?" He mocks.
"Leaving." I reply back, and disconnect my phone to the speaker.
"Aw, I was jamming to that." Travis whines, dropping his arms.
"Yeah, yeah, let's go. We should actually get going." I bring him over to the doors, leave, and lock the doors behind me.
The first place to go is the restaurant. It isn't too far, and I know exactly where it is since my family used to go to it. They have a beautiful place in town, and a great variety of things to choose from. What I most like, though, is that it keeps itself modern. Sure, it's rather old, but it always changes to satisfy what people want, at least every five years. So, as you can tell, it does pretty well.
Travis gives me the keys so I can drive, since I finally did mention the restaurant name, but he has no idea where or what it is. So I drive us to it, not taking longer than around fifteen minutes.
I park in a space in it's rather small parking lot, and we get off.
"Huh, looks fancy." Travis notes once we enter. And I won't lie, it does. We enter rose gold light, as traditional paper and fabric lights hanging from the ceiling give off soft pink light. The modern intricate metal lights complement the traditional ones with the strong yellow light they emit.
The person at the check in finds my reservation, and we're seated a little before the time I asked for, but I'm not complaining. The table I got was one where you get to sit over water, the wood bridges illuminated by beige fairy lights.
Travis looks over it and smiles.
"See? I can be romantic too." I say, repeating his words. This earns me a chuckle from him.
"You are unbelievable." He says as he takes a seat. I follow his actions, and sit across from him at the small circular table.
"And you are adorable." I say, once again reusing his words.
"Stop doing that!" He says, trying to slyly cover his face with a hand.
"Revenge, dear Travis. Revenge." I say, and he replies with a tsk.
We order, Travis getting something along the lines of roast beef and I get some fancy looking soup I love from here. We chat, with a flirt innocently making its way into the conversation here and there.
He takes a subject and runs his mouth, talking and talking, something that would've bothered me before, but know I can't get enough of it. I lean my head on my hand, arm propped up on the table. I stare dreamily at him, looking his features over and over again. A comfortable smile plastered on my face.
These past few months have been just so much fun. Travis started talking to me and hanging out with me more. I'm slowly coming out of my shell more. I feel perfectly fine in the group, definitely more accepted.
Everything is just going just better than I imagined.
And I love it.
I love the group.
I love him.
Maybe it's too quick to say that, but it's how I feel. I'll keep it to myself for now, I don't want to seem like I'm coming on too strong, but I can't help it. He's just... so amazing. I can't describe it.
We finish eating rather quickly, and talk only for a small bit afterwards. Then, I pay. I wouldn't let him, since he never let me do so before. He takes care of the tip and we exit.
"Should I drive?" Travis asks.
"Nope, I am." I get the keys out, since I still have them. "I want it to be a surprise, although you'd probably know where we're going." I start the car up, and go to that oh-so-familiar park. This is the place we've both visited the most before, strangely.
"Aw, the park? Did you want to go on the swings again?" Travis teases, getting out. I roll my eyes, but grin, as I exit the car as well. The only other person is a woman walking her dog, but she seems to be leaving.
"No, not the swings." I say, crossing my arms.
"Oh! I have an idea!" Travis points upwards. "As once said by the famous Zane Ro'meave," he pauses, then carefully taps my nose, "tag!" He takes off running.
"Wha-!" I say, then run after him, laughing myself. He's taller than me, resulting in slightly longer legs, and that means, if I want to catch him, I'm going to have to outsmart him. I see where he runs to, going behind the small restrooms building. So, instead of chasing him, I go the other way and catch him turning the corner. I press my hand on his arm, and then run in the direction opposite of where he was going.
"Tag!" I yell before I'm too far away from him. He staggers, trying to stop from running at that speed, then turns, following me.
I know I can't outrun him for much, although his switch from running away to chase me bought me time.
I search my mind for somewhere to go where I can rest even a little, because the cold air is starting to constrict my lungs, and that feeling isn't pretty. Thinking about the entire park, looking for anywhere, when I find a good place. I may not be able to rest exactly, but I'd like to visit it again.
I change my direction to get there, and I can hear feet thumping the ground, other than mine, so I know he's close behind me. I dare a look, and I see him, obviously gaining on me.
I yelp, and only run I little farther until he tackles me, making us both fall to the ground. The cold grass greets me, tickling my face.
"Zane? I'm sorry! Are you okay?" Travis asks with concern in his voice, probably because my shoulders are bouncing. But I roll over, eyes closed, and laugh.
Am I glad I brought a long sleeved sweater.
I open my eyes, getting my breath again from laughing. Travis's face is happy, probably just changed to that from being a worried one.
Travis pushes me a little, saying, "You got me worried!"
That only makes me worked up.
"Sorry! Sorry." I say after a while of me just losing it.
"Pfft, sure you are." He says. I scoff playfully, acting offended, until I pick myself up. Travis also gets up to his feet. I look around, and spot the area I wanted to get to. It's where we had our picnic. We we almost kissed, under the rich rays of the sunset. I smile, remembering that, and extend my hand out to Travis. He raises a brow in question.
"Now who's the clueless one." I put his hand in mine, and lay the other one on his shoulder area. "Dance with me."
"Oh, right. I knew that." He says, putting a hand above my hip. We begin dancing again, but this time slow dancing, and with no music. But it's just as fun.
We slowly turn, moving from step to step in smooth motions. I follow him, and make sure my footing is right. I do trip up about couple times -- and I'm pretty sure I stepped on him once -- but other than that, it's going nicely.
"It looks like someone's been practicing," he speaks after a while of dancing.
"Perhaps." I respond coyly.
"Alright, then what about this?" He twirls me, one that I know and it goes fine, but then he wraps his arm around my waist, instead of just laying his hand there. Then, he twists slightly, and brings me down, dipping me.
"Well, I know this is called a dip." I say.
"That is true, my love." He lowers his head and gives me a passionate kiss. I welcome it instantly. He then pulls away and brings me back up with him. We let each other go, and no matter how many times we've kissed already, this kiss specifically made me blush.
He smiles, illuminating his face. Then he looks around barely noticing we're close to that area he took us to.
"Oh hey! This is where we had our date!" He points out.
"Yeah, that's why I brought us here." I shrug, it took him forever to finally notice.
"C'mon, let's go sit." He lightly jogs over took it, me following at a normal speed. He sits down, patting the freshly cut grass next to him. I sit next to him.
We talk for a while, and I see him dart his eyes to my hair. I catch him doing so a few times before I confront him.
"Why do you keep looking at my hair?" I ask him out of the blue.
"Oh. Well this may sound a bit random, but, I'm imagining you without your hair covering your face." He responds, a nervous smile on. "Um, c-can I see your face, y'know, without your hair?"
I blink.
No one's seen my full face in years. My parents opposed the idea at first, but then let me do what I please, assuring themselves it was only a phase. I haven't changed my hair in about fourteen years.
Well, no one else is around, and I do trust Travis.
Why not?
"Sure." I say.
"Really? Are you sure?" Travis asks, going to hold my hand. "You don't have to if you don't want to."
"I want to." I reply simply.
"Okay." With his right hand still holding my hand, Travis lifts his spare arm. His hand gently grabs the bunch of hair covering my right eye, and moves it aside. Since my hair is so used to being like that, it goes right back to it's place. So instead of just moving it, he puts the bunch and softly puts it behind my ear.
This whole time I had my usually covered eye closed, as the hair movement was bugging me. But now with it off of my face, I open both my eyes. Travis audibly gasps, and my thoughts immediately worry me.
Do I look bad?
"Zane..." he trails off, but keeps staring at my face. It starts burning up, and I get very self conscious and insecure. "Zane, you look so beautiful."
"N-no I don't..." I mumble quietly, turning my head.
"Don't you dare say that." He says firmly. "You truly are beautiful, Zane."
With that my blush grows even redder, if that's possible. Travis starts to kiss my face, especially the part that'd usually be hidden away. To end, his pecks my lips and smiles at me.
"You are amazing in every way, Zane." His face flashes nervousness, then quickly changes back to normal. He leans in and puts his forehead on mine. "I love you."
My heart nearly stops, and my eyes shoot open. I see Travis glance at me once before shutting them. I feel him stiffen up, and I stay there, unmoving, for a good while.
He's probably as nervous as I'd be if I just said that.
I hug him, bringing him as close as possible.
"I love you too, Travis."

~ Fin ~

2662
Damn
It's the end of the book
But in all seriousness, thank you guys so much for supporting me greatly on this. This, at the time of now, has 32.6K reads. That's the most I've ever gotten.
Through all my time on this site (and that's almost three fucking years) these past months have been just fucking amazing.
Again, thank you just so much.
Okay, I'll stop getting so mushy.
If you want to read some more by me, I have another book I just started, called Ocean Love | A Laurroth / Zanvis / Vylante FF.
Well, that's it.
And, for the last time here:
Live, Love, Lapis, hope y'all have a grand day or night! Bye, my precious Gems.