Chapter XXXXVII - Karaoke (Pt.2)

~Zane's PoV~

I close the door, a smile on my face. I take my shoes off by the door, as they're pretty muddy. My clothes are still rather wet, but my showing skin has air dried. But my hair still drips water every once in a while.
   "Uhhh Zane?" I hear Garroth's voice call from the living room, where Laurance also is.
   "Mm?" I say in question, a grin still on my lips.
   "Why're your clothes and hair wet?" He asks again, cautiously even. "It wasn't even raining, and there isn't a cloud in the sky."
   "I fell into a lake." I explain simply, my tone low, but softly upbeat.
   "Wait, what?!" Garroth stands up and walks over to me, looking me up and down. Laurance appears behind him. "Are you hurt?"
   "Nope." I say, rather excitedly for some reason. I almost laugh.
   "And you're not even wearing your mask!" Garroth says, and I notice that now too. But I don't do anything about it.
   "I know." I drag out the o slightly.
   "Then what happened?" My brother keeps asking me questions. I look at the man behind him, who is opening his mouth to say something when I stop him. My finger plants itself on his lips, shutting Laurance up before he even has to chance to say anything.
   "Shh, don't speak or you'll ruin my good mood." I say quietly, closing my eyes then leaving to get to the stairs. My leg hits the base of the stairs, and instead of flinching and cursing I just laugh and say:
   "Ow, haha. Whoops."
   I get up to my room, softly closing the door behind me and sitting on my bed. I then snap out of my soft, mild dreaming faze and chuckle giddily. I throw myself back onto the bed and clutch my Pinkie Cake plush close to my body, kicking my legs.
   I'm just so happy right now.
   After a while I calm down, I just lay down on my side, still cuddling the plush. I hear a knock from my door.
   "Who is it?" I ask, something I usually wouldn't respond to a knock on my door.
   "It's me, baby brother." Garroth says through the polished piece of wood.
   "Whadaya want?" I state lazily, rolling over to face the now opening door.
    "I dunno if you got the text but tomorrow Aphmau wants to throw another get together slash party thing. I'm just letting you know." He speaks, and I nod to his message. "Also, really, what happened?" He looks genuinely concerned.
   "I told you, I fell into a lake but I'm fine. I should probably take a shower, though." I reply, now noticing how my drying hair is a little smelly.
   "Yes, but that's besides the point. How did you fall into the lake? And was Travis with you?" I almost blush at him saying Travis's name. Then he would've really got suspicious, since I don't have my mask on still.
   "The boat I was on tipped over." I say, smiling, and remembering how I basically attacked Travis with a hug.
   "But you're still not answering my bigger questions, why were you on a boat, where did Travis take you?"
   "Garroth, stop it. M'kay? I'll answer your questions... eventually. Just maybe not today." I stand up from my bed, and start to walk over to the bathroom. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a shower." I close the bathroom door behind me, stepping into the white porcelain room. While getting the water to get to a warm setting, I prep a little by grabbing my hair brush from one of the wooden cabinets below the sink. My hair must be a complete rat's nest, and I'm gonna have to brush it out harshly.
   I sigh, stripping off my clothes and getting into the steamy shower. My mind begins to wander while I scrub whatever dirt attached itself to my scalp.
   So. I'm dating Travis now. This is new.
I wonder when we're going to tell everyone. We can't keep it a secret forever.
Aphmau must now know we're a thing, and if not then she knows something's going on between us two. She's helped Travis on more than one occasion to plan our dates.
   And what about Dante. I may not know much about that guy, but I know he's Travis's best friend. So Travis must have told him some things about our relationship. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if Dante knows the whole story.
   Who else might know?
   Aaron might have heard something from Aphmau. And if we want it to be able secret for a while I know Aaron will respect that. Dante too. Aphmau, maybe not so much.
She talks a lot, resulting in rumours spreading rather quickly.
   And, hell, we all live on the same damn street. Anyone could have been outside and saw Travis and I kiss. Gene could've seen something while taking out the trash, although he does that later at night or in the early mornings. Katelyn could be out for her jogs, she alternates between mornings and a little after sunset, right when we were outside my house. And if she knows she could talk about it to Kawaii~Chan, and Irene knows what she'd do. She's a crazy shipper.
   I shake my head, deciding to talk about this with him before I get any ideas.
   I turn shower nozzle sideways, shutting off the water coming from above. I step out the shower.
   A hot shower may not remove your sins, but it definitely relaxes you.
   With my hair still dripping from clean water, I head back to my room. I wrap a towel around my head, not wanting to manually dry my rather long hair by hand. I change into my blue dotted pajama shorts and a regular baggy black shirt. Removing the towel from my head, I crawl into bed, not caring if my hair wets my pillow. I just wish to rest.
   I let my eyes droop while tiredness holds me in its arms, and soon enough I'm off to sleep.