Chapter XXXIX - Grump

~Travis's PoV~

   I lay on my bed, still sulking about the events of yesterday. It's not like I'm confused on if I like him or anything like that, I do, but what confuses me is, what do I do now? I probably just screwed up the chances I had with him, if I had any. Why did I go ahead and do that? Why did I just have to lean in. I must've made him so uncomfortable.
   Then a though hit me.
   What if he doesn't even like males? I've been surrounded by pretty non-straight people, and I've never even thought if he swung that way. I'm pretty sure everyone on the street isn't necessarily straight, I mean, we all never really interviewed each other on our sexuality. I just assumed.
   Oh Enki, that means I could've just weirded him out even more!
   My face probably is clearly visibly distressed, because Dante is in the doorway, straight faced and sighing.
   "You're still like this?" He sighs again, "what the heck, dude. You'd usually bounce back by now." He pauses, then laughs to himself quietly. "Then that means you really fallen for him, huh. Travis, I'm really starting to think this is more than just liking him. It could be another four lettered word also starting with L."
   "Oh, cut the crap Dante." I turn over, not wanting to look at him. I don't plug my ears though, so I keep listening.
   "No, dude, I'm serious." He says, and I can almost hear his arms go up in defense, palms facing me. "You're a lot more, I dunno, hung up on him than just ever seen you for anyone else. You've given so much already. This could be the right one, and you don't want to pull another Katelyn."
   That itself makes my blood boil. How would he know how everything with Katelyn went, and he just assumes it's my fault?
   "Grr, Dante, you know with Katelyn it wasn't just me, it was her too." I sit up and turn around, looking at Dante with visible anger. "I am not going to 'pull another Katelyn', whatever the fuck that means." I flop back down to the bed, but not turned away. "Trust me, if I could've changed that I would. But I can't, so I just have to accept things how they are now." I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself again after that little snap.
   Dante only remains quiet, until he speaks after some silence, "Look, I'm sorry that I brought up Katelyn like that. I know it wasn't entirely your fault, really. It was meant to be a joke."
   Oh, it was just a little joke, was it? Well ha ha, you can see me laughing, can't you? What a great joke.
   I roll my eyes, "Okay, yeah whatever. Hah hah, now can you just let me sulk?" I turn over again, and this time mumble something quiet so he can't hear: "It was better before you came in."
   "Uh, alright." I don't hear him shuffle out of the room, he was probably debating whether or not to say something else, but I can tell he decided against because I soon her him leave, closing the door gently behind him.
   I don't want to talk to anyone, especially this week. I know I'll be grumpy, so I'll just push them away until it's over. I don't want to hurt them.
   No, this isn't the week where I turn into a monster and attack everyone because I can. It ain't that type of book.
   I just get a little irritable. And with this whole unspoken thing with Zane is just adding onto my misery.
   I get up, at about three o'clock to finally have breakfast. I had previously been too lazy to get up, but the hunger made me lift myself from my bed into the kitchen. Dante has most likely already went to work, leaving me alone in the empty house. It's quiet.
   Too quiet.
   It's unnatural.
   It bugs me, ugh. I need entertainment in my life.
   I whipped up a classic, delicate gourmet dish, otherwise known as a sandwich. Hey, there was bread and ham, and I was hungry, so I just solved that problem. I got a soda and thought about going to the table to eat, but instead headed to my room. I don't understand why we even bought that. We don't ever use it. Usually we eat at the couch or in our rooms. The table is too boring.
   I eat upstairs, jailed in my room.
   We still don't have televisions in our rooms, only one in the living room, so I just went on my phone, sifting through media sludge. Nothing interests me, so I try going to watch YouTube to entertain myself. I see all the normal people I would watch, yet none grab my attention, but I tap on a video anyways. I need today to go faster. I need this week to go faster. It's not a week I want to spend more time than I need to. It doesn't make sense, but that's how I feel.
   I'm also going to meet Zane and Kawaii~Chan at her house to watch more Steven Universe and possibly another show, because we're starting to run out of episodes. We're almost to the end of season four, and we all know something big is going to happen.
   It'll be fun and all, but I'm not entirely sure if I want to go that time. I'm just going to be all grouchy, so there's no fun in that. I don't want everyone else to worry, because Travis, the one that's always cheery is down. 'Cause that's a cause for alarm.
   I roll my eyes out of nowhere, after finishing my food. I set the empty plate down to the side, burying my head under the pillow, not wanting to get back up again. Today, I think I'm just gonna stay in bed and mope around all day.
   This week is going to be a long one.

Word count: 1014
This is a shorter chapter with not much, but yknow. It's, again, building up to something bigger.
Can y'all guess why Trav is irritable?
Live, Love, Lapis, hope y'all have a great day or night! Bye my amazing Gems~!