Chapter X - Sleep

~Zane's PoV~

I am now content with all the cupcakes I've eaten and all the YouTube videos I've binged. And no one has interrupted this, not even the raging yells ringing through the house whenever one of the guys downstairs died in their game. I yawned, as it was already pretty late, it being past sunset already. It was still cloudy outside and the only light in my room was coming either from under the door or being emitted from the delicate crystals hanging from the ceiling. I stretched and decided to throw away my left over cupcake wrappers in my trash.
Should I put the plate away? Do I even dare go down while the children are angrily shouting?
Eh, sure.
        I got up and carefully tiptoed down the stairs, making sure I made no noise. I passed the living room and slipped into the kitchen. I thought I was alone as I could only hear a loud ruckus in the other room. One yelling at another to stop stealing his 'Revival Stones', the one being yelled at retorts by saying he needs them, and the last one yelling at them to stop bickering and defend the 'Century Base'. I have no idea what type of game they're playing. I was slightly spying on them to try to see the screen, but gave up when the screen was far too blocked by the three. Then I turned and saw Travis putting their tray of snacks in the sink and washing it. I really should've told him to stop since he's a guest, but if he wanted to then I wouldn't stop him. I wasn't going to wash their dishes either way. I attempt to put my tray on the counter and quickly leave, but he caught me in a conversation.
        "Oh, hey Zane." Travis looked up from his cleaning.
        "Hi..." Can I not have any more social interaction today? We were like that for a small moment until I set my tray down and was about to leave.
        "Why don't you join us in playing video games?" Travis spoke up again, trying not to be rude as a two voices shouting rang in the house again.
        "That's why." I responded, throwing a lazy point in the general direction of the guys.
        "'Cause you're worried we'd beat you in the game?" Travis raised a brow playfully and gave one of his stupid teasing grins.
        "No, I'd win, of course. You guys are just annoying." I said bluntly.
        "Riiight, sure. Say what'cha need to."
        "Well, if you need me, then too bad because I'm not coming out of my room." I said a little harshly, and before he could say anything again I swiftly left to the safety of my room.

        About two hours passed since I last ventured out of my room, and Travis and Dante have left. So that was a plus, but I heard rain pattering on my window, and the occasional small shake of that dreaded noise. Each time it'd happen, I would get a little stiff, but tried my best to ignore it. If this continued, I know I'd have another harsh night.
Irene damnit...
I was on my computer, just talking to some internet friends here and there, but mostly browsing Netflix. I wasn't supposed to watch ahead, but I really didn't care if I watch the same episodes twice in a day. Tomorrow KC and Travis were coming over to have a Hulu night. It was to be here, and although I objected, somehow the two convinced me. I wasn't going to set anything out, I mean if they want something they can just ask. Or even better, just go raid the kitchen, as my brother, Laurance and I don't mind. I was reaching for my phone when that terrifying sound shook the house and me along with it. I instinctively went into a ball yet again.
Why can't this stupid storm just go away?
I sat there, slightly shaking yet frozen at the same time. I started calming myself when a smaller one filled me ears. I clutched my pillow tighter, and I soon heard footsteps outside my door. Then a knock.
        "Zane? Are you in there? I wanted to make sure you were okay, the thunder and all." Worry was in Garroth's voice as he spoke. I didn't respond because I couldn't find my voice. After a bit of hearing only the rain and wind hit the house, the door creaked open. "Zane?" He probably couldn't see me, his figure was blocking the light that came in through the door.
        I heard some shuffling and the thumps of Garroth's clumsy feet making their way toward me. Then I felt a dip in the mattress, and I knew he sat down.
        "Hey, it's okay baby bro, I'm here."
        No matter how much I told myself not to accept his help, I knew this night would only be worse without him.
This is going to be a long night...