Chapter XXXIII - Feelings

~Travis's PoV~

   Today was the day I met up with Aphmau to discuss the whole 'me liking someone', which, I don't completely know why or what we'll talk about. Honestly, I'm a little scared and concerned. I'm not sure what exactly I'm walking into, but this is Aphmau we're talking about. She can go the extra mile, but she's not exactly as intense as Kawaii~Chan. Kawaii~Chan, well, can be a little too overwhelming when it comes to her ships, particularly her one true pairings, or whatever acronym is used to describe those. She could physically fight anyone who tells her differently, but recently, especially to Zane's teachings, she's been a little more lenient on what happens with romance.
   The only other person that could possibly be with Aphmau and shippings is Katelyn, although, she is much more chill with her ships. Sure, she loves her anime and fictional ones, but she does not get involved with real life. That's probably the biggest difference between her and the other two. She doesn't like meddling with people's romantic lives, but that's mostly where that ends. She can meddle with a lot of other components of your life.
   Katelyn.
   Those emotions burned out and died. I'm sure my feelings for her have stabilized a little, and she's more of an older sister or a long-term tough friend. Which she basically is the latter. I dunno, I've had this huge crush on her since when I've met her in high school. And they sort of just.. whittled away quickly.
   Why did that happen? I mean, I guess she was a little abusive, but that's just how she expresses her emotions. She doesn't know how to words that well, or rather, was never taught it. She learned from her mother. That's one of a list of her flaws.
   Everyone has a list. I have one, Aphmau and KC do too. As much as it pains me to say so, Zane does too. And I know, that it takes a high amount of maturity to admit that the one you like -- the one you have romantic feelings for -- has imperfections. Maybe I am finally moving away from my Casanova-ish ways.
   Zane. Enki, have I fallen hard for him. Why?
   I think about this for quite a while.
   He's just so adorable, his cute freckles, his fluffy raven hair, and his crystal blue eyes. The way he laughs, he smiles, no matter what expression he wears, it just looks so endearing. But it's much deeper that just the looks. He acts as if he doesn't care, like the world could disappear and he wouldn't even flinch. And maybe sometimes that's true. But deep down, perhaps miles deep, he does care. He cares plentiful. His whole ploy, playing the mysterious character, is so enticing, so alluring to me for some inexplicable reason. And under all that darkness, he's just a fragile being with an interest in cute, fluffy things.
   I take all this into consideration, tapping my index finger on my chin as if it helped. But soon enough, I find myself thinking about Katelyn, or rather they way it all ended.
   What if it all ends like with her? What if we both are interested, but both a little too afraid to actually make a significant move? What if, like her, it all ends in flames? Will we even still be friends after that? But I would still want something more. Or would I? Would I have said the same thing about Katelyn if I knew what was going to happen, but I still liked her?
   Okay, maybe I'm over thinking everything. Let's just stop there.
   I open the door to my house, lock it behind me then start treading over to Aphmau's house. The snow has all melted, and the fresh spring sir pierces my lungs. Small yellow flowers are beginning to grow at the roots of trees and our white picket fences. Blue birds are chirping, most likely taking care of their young, singing cheerful songs on a warm day. A small breeze kicked up the fresh leaves and dried pieces of branches from my feet into the air.
   I knock on Aphmau's door, waiting only a little until I'm greeted by the short little potato, in her pajamas still. Today she's sporting a teal tank top under matching pink unicorn pajamas. Her hair is in a messy bun, and she has white fluffy bunny slippers on. She's just as cheery as always, but today seems a little off. Maybe she hadn't slept well?
   "Hi, Travis," She yawns, stretching out her arms. "Come in, come in." She paws at the air, motioning to me to come inside. I step in, making sure to close the door after me.
   "You seem a little more tired that usual, Aph. Not enough sleep perhaps?" I suggest as I walk over to the kitchen, where a bold smell greets me. Coffee.
   "No no, I had my normal hours of sleep. I just haven't had my coffee yet." She looks over to the silver coffee maker, brewing the brown energy liquid as it makes snappish turning noises. "Can't expect me to be hyper all the time."
   "Hey, it's okay, I get it." I remember my multiple days where I get a cup of coffee to start off a working day. "I can't function normally without it some days either." She gives a small understanding smile. We both seem to be borderline coffee addicts.
   Aphmau gets her own mug, which say 'Corgi Mom' on it, even though she doesn't even own a corgi. Celestia is a husky, or so it seems like it. Alexander, too, is definitely not a corgi either. She fills it with steaming hot coffee and gestures to go to the couch. I guess we'll be discussing things there.
   We sit and start small chit chat, not getting to the meat and potatoes of why I'm here yet. She actually seems to be trying to avoid the topic, for some odd and unknown reason. After a while, even if we are basically best friends -- heh, don't tell Zane -- we begin to start running out of topics, and Aphmau knows this. She nervously glances at the clock or her watch from time to time, almost expectantly. I'm about to speak up on why we aren't talking about it when there's a knock at the door.
   Aphmau practically jumps up, swiftly setting her mug down and yelling, "I wonder who that could be!" She speed walks around the couch and over to the door, in a hurried manner. She answers the door, and, honestly, I don't know why this came as a shock to me, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan are on the other side. They were excitedly chattering, like some important gossip couldn't wait to escape their lips, although mostly only KC.
   Oh, just great. She got the whole gang together just for this. Yaaay...
   I knew right then and there this was going to be just a little more difficult than I thought it'd be.

Word count: 1180
Okay y'all might think this is a filler but this is just kicking off the bomb. Also, you get a little bit of Travis thinking.
Live, Love, Lapis, hope ya have a nice day or night, and see y'all tomorrow.