Chapter XIV - Truth or Dare (Pt.2)

~Travis's PoV~

   It was still KC's turn, and she was jus getting comfortable on the couch again. She was in the middle of the couch, while Katelyn was on the far right. I was on the far left, Zane on the floor beside me.
   "Um... Dante~Kun! Truth of dare." She started the game back up again.
   "Dare." Dante lifted an eyebrow.
   "I dare you to..." Kawaii~Chan paused for a while, thinking about what to say, then, "I dare you to.... uhhh.. chug as much hot sauce as you can!" She sputtered out, it being obvious she doesn't know what to say.
   "Well... o-ok." Dante stammered, as he got up to get some hot sauce from the fridge.
We are really ransacking Aphmau's house.
Dante shortly came back with a small, red bottle in his hands. I instantly recognized it, and it was pretty spicy. He doesn't handle spicy things very well, while I loved it. I knew where this was going, so I got my phone out to capture the hilarious moment. He eyed it nervously, probably judging how bad it could be. Then, in one swift motion, he took the cap off and lifted the opening to his mouth. His head was pretty far back, and I heard loud gulps coming from his corner. We all sat there, waiting, for a solid six seconds before he brought his head back forward. He detached his mouth from the bottle and started choking and coughing. By this time I had the camera of my phone pointed right at him, taking a picture.
   I was repressing my wild laughter as his face went a little red and he had small tears forming in the corner of his eyes. He started making inhuman-goat sounds and I laughed out loud. Some people joined in with me, while some looked genuinely concerned and approached the choking blue-haired bean. Laughter went on until Dante started controlling himself, his face still ruby-red.
   "Oh my Irene, that was beautiful." I said finally. I then proceeded to show Zane the picture I took of Dante and he eyed it strangely. But just as I thought I had made him uncomfortable in some way, his shoulders jiggled up and down a little and audible chuckling came from him. I smiled, comfortable knowing I made him actually laugh. It felt nice.
   "Okay okay, we get it." Dante declared, annoying lining his voice. The was quickly shaken off as he spoke again. "So... my turn. Hm," he then smirked and looked to my left. "Zane. Truth or dare."
   Zane, looking unfazed, responded, "Dare." His visible eye then widened, as if realizing what he just said and to who.
   "Perfect. I dare you to take your mask off for the next five rounds." Dante stated. Zane's eye grew larger still, if that was even possible, and filled with panic.
   "U-uhm..." He stammered, clearly taken back by the dare. He sat there, and he slowly lifted his hand to rest it gently on the cloth around his jaw. Then he froze up a little, not moving, as if he was debating if he was going to do it.
   "Well, mayyybe we could shorten that?" Aphmau butted in, seeing Zane's state of silent panic. "What if we shorten the time, but if he does something... less uncomfortable than revealing his face?" I raised a brow at her.
   "Oh c'mon, I did the hot sauce dare, and I hate hot sauce. Just taking off a small piece of cloth shouldn't be too bad. Plus, we've seen him without it before." Dante rebutted. This earned him a stare from me, the one that says, 'tais-toi' [shut up]. He audibly sighed.
   "Let's have him have it off for one round, but we're has to show a happy, fun-loving smile~!" Aphmau cooed, obviously content with her new idea.
   "...Fine." Zane said. Then he mumbled something inaudible as he put his hands to the back of his neck, under his hair. He moved them a bit, and a little afterwards, the mask became looser on the front. His arms slowly came forward and along with them came his black mask.
   Everyone was looking straight at him, watching these movements. It was quiet once again, and I saw most of his face for once, up close. The only part of his face was his right eye covered by a fuzzy bunch of hair, and yet that was only about one-fourth of his face.
   Then I noticed small blotches and dots of slightly different skin tones littered across his pale cheeks. I gasped. "You have freckles~?" I asked, my voice getting higher as the question progressed.
   Oh my Irene, be looks so cute without his mask covering half of his face.
   "Yes, I do. I thought everyone knew this by now thanks to Aph." Zane shot Aphmau a side look, while she just let out a nervous giggle.
   "That's so adorable~." I blabbed, still in my strange little 'freckles' phase. If I hadn't been so zoned out, I could've sworn I saw a mix of light pink and faint cherry red dusted across his face.
   "Now Zane, a smile?" Aphmau said, dragging out the 'i'. Zane groaned went he heard her.
   "Okay, fine, whatever." Zane lowered his gaze to the floor, then brought his head back up. And what he did next, I won't forget. He stretched his lips so that his cheeks rose up a little, still holding that light pink. He opened his mouth just a bit, tilted his head ever so slightly, and overall made it seem like he was in the middle of a good laugh. He seemed so relaxed and calm. My heart fluttered and managed to skip a beat, and I began staring. I was staring even after Zane stopped his smiling and returned to his normal expression. He was scanning the room.
   "What, it's like you've never seen a person smile before."
   "Well, never from you, like that." Aphmau cheered beside him. "That was adorable!"
   "Yeah, yeah. Let's just continue this childish game." He looked around and asked a next person, but I didn't pay attention who. I couldn't focus, and my mind kept wandering back to the sight of Zane's carefree smile. It felt nice, having an image like that saved to your memory, even if it was a fake little grin. Small fluttering-feeling movements continued playing in my stomach and chest, and I couldn't help but smile myself.
   That was so cute. Just one little smile. If that's all it takes, then I'm going to make sure he will continue to do those little happy smiles, but not a forced one.

Word count: 1119
Aye this parts here! I actually had all lot of fun writing this part, it seemed so cute to me.
(Ahh guys help like legit, bc ever since I saw the last episode of Lover's Lane and the episode where Zane and Aph switch bodies, Zene has slowly been getting higher on my ship-ness scale.)
Live, Love, Lapis, hope you have a great day/night! Bye my beautiful Gems~.