Chapter XXVII - Night

~Zane's PoV~

   Travis started driving back to Lover's~Lane when my thoughts returned to the comment the waitress made back in the restaurant. She had called us lovebirds. I'm sure I'm thinking too much of it, but I couldn't get it out of my mind. It seemed just in my nature to over-analyse things. Blow them out of proportion.
   Did we really seem that much like a couple? No, it couldn't be. Maybe she said that to every two people she served. It's a possibility. Or maybe she just wasn't thinking at all and it just slipped.
   The more I thought, the more paranoid I got. I have no idea why it seemed like such a big deal. Frantically pondering something, especially when it pertains to a person. Really, only happened once before. I kept searching my mind of different reasons why the dinner went how it went, when I noticed Travis hadn't pulled into the parking lot of the park we were at earlier this week.
   I asked him why we were here, and he only responded with, "It's later." He only muttered those two words before unbuckling himself and getting out of the car. I was completely confused. The white-haired male went just outside my window and motioned for me to get out. And slowly, cautiously, followed him. He grabbed my hand -- like legit practically entwined his fingers with mine -- and led me back to the swing set we had visited.
   Then, he repeated once more, but with more excitement, "It's later."
   I was still mildly lost until I put the pieces together. He wanted me to get on still, like earlier this week.
   "Maybe you were embarrassed because you didn't want to be seen on this. I mean a grown man on a swing set? Could be taken as bizarre." He looked around, then back at me, "There's no one out now. So, want to swing?" He gave me one of his signature goofball grins.
   Look, by no means am I still a child. At all. But swings will always be fun. Not debatable at all. And me? I'll always love me a good swing. My pride is the thing that won't allow it.
   So here I am, given a choice. And, what Travis said is true -- There's no one else around. Perhaps there's a single person walking their dog at 7:41 in the evening, but that person isn't out today.
   "Erm. . . sure." Me agreeing sets Travis sky-high, as if he's accomplished something. I go and sit down, Travis volunteering to push me. Soon, I'm going as fast as the swing will let me, and I even experience that split second of weightlessness when I'm at the peak of going forward. And I can't help but laughing out of sheer joy. There's this small feeling swinging brings me, like I can even touch the sky. As if nothing else mattered, and there's was nothing to worry about. It's like, feeling like a kid again. And sure, it could seem over-the-top, but it's honestly how I feel. They're just really enjoyable and fun.
   I get tired of the swings and tell Travis to stop pushing me and stop me. I get back up, right as he's telling me to follow him back to car, when I get an absurd idea. One that would usually astonish anyone who knows my personality. But, because of some unknown reason, I go through with it.
   My hand reaches up and swiftly pats Travis on the shoulder, and I yell, "Tag!" Right after, I take off, and I know I left Travis stunned in place. It seems so out-of-character coming from me, but soon, Travis is barreling down the playground I was headed to. I frantically jog up the plastic-metal stairs and find different ways to avoid him by going down slides and racing down assortments of metal pipes. Travis gets close to getting me back multiple times, but right when I run out of breath, he strikes. I stay in the spot he tagged me, panting and gasping to catch my breath. I've already exhausted myself, and now, I'm the one who's it.
   Maybe this wasn't the best idea. It was more of a spur-of-the-moment thing.
   After what seems like an eternity of Travis taunting me from the top of the playground, I tiredly jog up to where he is. He, of course, goes back to ground level, and when I get back to where he was on the wood chips, he's back on the second level. This repeats for a while until I call a truce and call him down from the top of the slide. He comes down like a child, putting his hands up in the air and yelling weee! and joining me by my side.
   "You're such a kid." I remark.
   "Says the one who started the whole tag game." He returns.
   "Yeah yeah, sure. That was after you wanted to play on the swings, remember?" I fired right back.
   "Touché." He admits, and we both walk back to the car. We calm down from being so constricted by the cold air while running around, and then drive off back to our street. The thought of a warm shower and my snuggly bed comforts me. I can't wait to get to rest after this small work out. Even before the restaurant, I seemed tired. Now, though, I craved the silky covers of my bed.
   We pull up into the driveway of my shared house, and we say our goodbyes.
   "Hey, we should do this more often." Travis offers in his light-hearted tone. Then, in a lower voice, "Maybe then it would be a real date?" He gave a cheeky eyebrow wiggle.
   I was about to retort with a yeah, right, when I stopped myself. Then, without warning, I said, "I dunno. Just maybe." I got out of the car as quickly as I could, and ran up to the steps of my house. I opened the door to go inside, but not before giving Travis one last look. I closed the door tightly behind me and let my mind wonder.
   Why had I done that?

Word count: 1040
D'ACCORD! JE NE SAIS PAS POURQUOI ESTO ES AQUÍ TAN RÁPIDO, MAIS C'EST AQUÍ.
Have fun deciphering the text above if you don't know French or Spanish (honestly, I don't even know if it makes sense.)
Live,
Love,
Lapis,
Have a nice day/night! Bye my marvelous Gems~