Chapter XXIX - Rides

~Zane's PoV~

   I was laying on the couch, browsing the shows on Netflix, since we were almost done binging Steven Universe. I wanted a new thing to once again fill the hole that would surely be in my soul, now that SU is on hiatus. Sure, a Stevenbomb is about to come soon, but I just wanted something to be able to burn through on my spare time. I clicked and clicked onto the next one, bored after reading their summaries. Then, I saw one that I've been seeing on social media, and have been considering watching it. Aphmau even advised me to try it, as she had seen it, and apparently loved it. It's name was Voltron, Legendary Defender.
   It was a Netflix orignal, which is something I'm not too fond of. I always thought Netflix originals were lame, old people trying to stay young by using cringy tactics, like using outdated lingo or making unfunny jokes. But hey, I have no room to speak.
   Even though the history of Netflix originals and me wasn't the best, I gave it a shot. I chose to watch the first episode. About twenty-five minutes in, I made a few assumptions: one, this was going to be very sci-fi, with going out in space and having aliens. Two, the small one with a weird haircut was a nerd. And three, this whole group is most likely going to come across some weird thing and discover they have powers or will become heroes of the universe. Soon, I discovered all of my assumptions had been correct.
   I looked at the clock. 12:58
   It was still a while to go before I would head outside. Aphmau had dragged me into going to some circus thing that was apparently never in town, so we 'had to go'. Sure, whatever reason you'd like to use, Aph, I still am going only for you.
   I had already gotten ready, while Garroth and Laurance were still preparing themselves. I wore a very dark blue shirt with no sleeves that said 'Done With Your Shish-kabobs' and a hoodie over it. Then light gray pants and my checkered black-and-white Vans. Hey, I like these shoes.
   I kept binging Voltron until it was three minutes til two, which is also when my imbecile of a brother came downstairs with his 'friend'.
   "Hey Zane, ya going to the amusement park too?" He asked, after he got his keys.
   I looked at him lazily, gestured to my outfit, and said, sarcastically, "No, I'm not. I just like dressing up and staying home."
   He looked at me, unmoving, then after to second of silence, said, "Okay then. Suit yourself." And with that he kept walking to the door, Laurance close behind.
   "No, you dolt I'm coming too." I said, groaning, after he opened the door. I got up and walked over to the two.
   "I thought you said--"
   "Well, I was being sarcastic!" I practically yelled at him, angry for not getting it. I pushed past him and marched outside, seeing the others on Dante and Travis's lawn.
   I don't really know why I basically snapped at him. Maybe I was still on edge over what happened a couple days ago and the house that we visited. I was more irritable around him, more than usual. I felt a small bit of guilt as I rethought about what I just did, and what that could inflict on Garroth, but honestly I was too mad to process anything correctly. If I was going to think about anything serious, it'd better have a clear head, or else my plans could get tainted.
   I walked over to the house where the group of colorful people had gathered. I joined them silently, for they had a conversation going on and I honestly wasn't bothered with whatever they were talking about. I looked at my watch, it was exactly two.
   "Hey Zane! I see you left that cave you call your room." Aphmau teased, approaching me.
   "Har har har, very funny. You were the one who drew me out of my so-called 'cave'." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms.
   "And it seems like you were rather excited about it," She said, gesturing to my entire being, continuing, "as you've never looked so good."
   "Yeah, sure whatever. It's two already. When are we leaving?" I ask getting straight to the point.
   "Gee, someone's kind of snappy today." She noticed, and after a huff and a pouty face, said, "Okay, I'll tell everyone it's more or less time to go." She blandly went off to warn the others that she doesn't want to get there so late. Soon after, since everyone loves and respects the amazing Aphmau, everyone packed into two cars. Both drivers were given directions.
   I was in a car in which Garroth was driving, Laurance riding shotgun -- of course. I was on the left side of the backseat, with Travis next to me -- once again, of course -- and Dante next to him. SInce Garroth was driving, he focused mainly on the road, but occasionally talked to Laurance. Travis and Dante were basic best buds so they were talking and fooling around completely. So I, annoyed by my fellow comrades' actions, pull out my ear plugs and play some music. The first song that comes up is "Stay" by Alessia Cara and Zedd. What? You though I'd be listening to some hardcore death metal? No, that's only on Sundays.
   I stared out the window the rest of the ride. I'm sure Travis was trying to talk to me or get my attention so that I can stop being such a 'loner', but I really didn't care. I guess today I was being somewhat of a grouch. I didn't care about that either. I could tell already, today was not going to be such a fun day. Why did I even agree to doing this?

Word count: 1004
Yeah, another filler, but, hopefully I'll have another right after this chapter, since y'all diserve more than boring, short fillers. I may be done with this one now, but I'll wait until I have most of the next one done so you won't have to wait as long.
Live, Love, Lapis, keep calm and ship Klance (you obv don't have to I just really like the ship). Bye my gorgeous Gems!