Chapter XV - Christmas Eve

~Zane's PoV~

   "Zaanee!!" Wild knocking and an annoying voice wake me from my peaceful slumber. I let out a low growl and cover my face with a pillow, like every cliché morning goes. "Wake up! It's Christmas Eve!" The voice booms once more through my thin door.
   "Shut up!" I hurl my pillow over to the door, and it actually makes a pretty loud thud. The thin wood opens slightly, making a crevice just enough so I can see who it was.
   "So that's how it's gonna be, then?" Garroth says and swiftly leaves, leaving me to my peace and quiet. I heave a sigh.
   "Finally, that oaf is-"
   Suddenly, I hear pairs of footsteps thundering in the hallway, getting louder. Then they stop. It's quiet once more, until I hear battle cries and I see the two cretins running to me. I sit up quickly and attempt to crawl back but fail, due to the twirls and tangles of blankets. The two blond- and brown-haired-males jumped onto my bed and starting pummeling me with their own pillows.
   "Gah!" I yelled as I fell off the side of the bed. "Get off you dolts!" I was easily over-powered and I had no weapon of my own.
   Wails of laughter and giggles rang out.
   They seem to be having fun killing me with pillows.
   I kept struggling until they couldn't keep hitting me due to their own laughter. I pushed and kicked them off, running to the safety to my bathroom to see the damage that had been done. My hair was an absolute mess. I groaned, annoyed, and took a brush to get started on my tangled hair.
   I despise those imbeciles.
   "Hey, Zane." I hear come from traditional door again, in between laughs, "We're going to the girl's house for Christmas Eve, then Aphmau's house for Christmas, so get ready for today." I remember our little scare at the girl's house, and Halloween in Aphmau's.
   "Alright." I rolled my eyes, and started to get more things ready.
   I had already gotten everyone a present: I got Aphmau a little Flarity plush - one that I was so tempted to take for myself. I had gotten Katelyn a gift card from her favorite store, and KC a festive cupcake knick-knack. Dante's present was a figurine of his favorite anime, Lucinda's was some book that apparently was good for witchcraft,  and Aaron's was a CD he'd been talking about. I got Garroth a journal, and Vylad a sketchbook. Mom likes to say we each have a 'talent' - Garroth is a good writer, Vylad can sketch, and she thinks I can sing well, but I can't. I was almost going to "forget" about Laurance when Aphmau "reminded" me. I just got him a book he wanted by some YouTuber. I got Travis a Steven Universe plush of Lion.
   Each of their presents were neatly wrapped and in a bag under my bed, ready for gifting. Normally, I wouldn't be this nice, but one, I'm starting to like Christmas, and two, I knew Aph would try and convince me to be nice to everyone by buying them a gift.
   I took to holiday bag from under the wooden frame of my bed and set it on top of the covers. I was already changed, with my room cleaned. I wore my festive sweater along with some dark blue pants and black shoes. My mask was tied around my face, and I grabbed my phone. I decided to leave the bag in my room, since the people aren't aloud to open them until Christmas day, so why bring them to Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan's house if we were going to receive them at Aphmau's?
   Taking one last stretch, I headed towards the door and joined the dimwits downstairs.
   "Hey Zane!" Garroth merrily cheered as I was two steps from the main floor.
   "Hello."
   "Ready to go? The party starts at five but we can be a couple minutes early." Laurance offered. I checked my phone for the time and saw it was 4:53.
   "Sure, I suppose."
   "Then let's go~!" Garroth said with excitement. You could basically see the sparkle in his starry eyes, and could practically feel the joy radiating from him. And honestly, I couldn't help but smile, even of it was just a bit.
   We all exited the house and started slowly walking down the street to the house decorated in blue and pink lights. It wasn't very difficult seeing it was their house. The pink lights took up most of the upper part -lights nailed up. The blue lights took the rest of the house and the lawn, hung on the front fence and curling around in the snow-covered grass. Soon we were at that house, knocking on the front door.
   "Hey Garroth-, Laurance-, and Zane-Kun!" KC was the one to open the door greeting us. The house smelt of baking cookies and fresh pies. "You're a little early, but that's okay." She let us in and offered us some hot chocolate, to which we agreed. She left to go into the kitchen, then soon came back with a small tray of steaming-hot chocolates drinks. "Katelyn~Sama! Guests are here, so you have to come down."
   "Aren't they are little early?"
   "They were, but now they aren't, so come on!" An audible groan came from above, and some stumbling until a blue-haired woman came to greet us.

   People were arriving at a steady pace, and the hot chocolate and warm snickerdoodles were being handed out.
   I sat on the side once more, having my phone out and being the anti-social little bean I am.
   "Hola, Zane. Como estas?" [Hi, Zane, how are you?] Travis walked over to me, and plumped down the bright-colored couch.
   "You know I can't understand that language." I told him, although he already knew and most likely just wanted to feel superior to me.
   "I'm just asking how you are. It's Spanish. Comment ça va?" [How are you?] "That's French."
   "How did you even learn these languages?" I raised a brow, curious for the answer.
   "I just really wanted to know more languages in school, so I studied them." He shrugged, as if learning new languages was really easy.
   "Cool, and somewhat useful." My eyes trailed off of him and back to my phone, which showed Instafam.
   "You're gonna go back to your phone already?" Travis asked, and I could basically feel his straight face radiating on to my right side.
   "Yeah. Have a problem?" I asked him, not even looking back up.
   "Yes, actually, I do." His hand came up, brushing past mine to reach for my phone, taking it away from me.
   "Hey!"
   "We are going to get to know each other." He declared.
   "More?"
   "Yes, duh. If we're friends then we have to know each other." He said with a smile, propping up both his hands to support his head. His elbows were sitting on his legs, and those vibrant green eyes glowed in interest.
   "Okay, then," I started with caution, "you go first."
   "My favorite color is dark green."
   "Gee, thanks, such valuable information."
   "Hey!" He exclaimed and punched me lightly in the arm. "Okay, what if we each say something we know the other likes doing.
   I blurted, "Flirting."
   "Being anti-social."
   I scoffed, "Being annoying."
   "Having black clothing, all day everyday."
   "Being way too chipper."
   "Acting like he has no soul."
   "Getting hit my girls."
   "Acting like he likes being alone." He wouldn't let up.
   "Being narcissistic." I wouldn't either.
   "Watching My Little Horsies."
   I gasped, and brought my hand up to my chest. "How dare you bring that in this."
   "What? Tell me I'm lying." Travis looked smug. I just pursed my lips.
   "Whatever."
   "See. You know you love the show." I just scoffed in return. "Okay, for real now. I really do want to get to know you."
   "Well... what do you want to know?"
   "Anything you'll tell me." He flashed one of his crooked smiles at me.
   "Hmph, okay then, well..."

The night went on, and the two souls got to know each other more.

Word count ~ 1400
Happy Christmas Eve guys! And if you don't celebrate it, then Happy Holidays / Happy day or night!
Live, Love, Lapis, hope you have a wonderful day, bye my beautiful Gems~!