Chapter XVII - New Years

~Travis's PoV~

    "Dante! Dante Dante!" I energetically jump around my best friend, punching him in the arm many times.
   "Yes?" He responds to my onslaught of hyper-ness.
   "It's New years eve!"
   "You've told me this about five times today!" He gruffs, clearly annoyed.
   "I know, I know, but I just can't help it, this year went by so fast!" I keep bouncing around him, poking and prodding him.
   "Well, for me it didn't."
   "Well for me it did so we're gonna end this year with a bang!" I yell different cheers as I start doing altered versions of jumping-jacks. "Whoo!" I run upstairs to change out of the dark cyan t-shirt I have on to a more presentable-looking outfit. Some dark jeans with a blue long-sleeved shirt and white shoes. I comb out my hair and put on my black watch.
   Tonight, all of us are going to Garroth, Laurance, and Zane's house to celebrate, and maybe see fireworks. Each neighborhood was said to be pitching in so they can set off their own fireworks, and our street was definitely going to be one of them. I spray myself with my signature fragrance - vanilla - and head downstairs after grabbing my phone, that is fully charged. While waiting for the time to be five, I sit at our raised, square dining table and take out a book. After a while of reading Miss Penelope's House for Strange Kids, I waddle over to the couch, trying to find a good show. Browsing, I see Steven Universe is on, and click it on to watch.
   Steven Universe...
   I remember the stuffed Lion plush Zane got me for Christmas. It's on the pillow of my bed, waiting to be cuddled once more before sleep. It was actually medium sized, so it was perfect for hugging. I smile subconsciously as I also recall the little exchange we both had on Christmas.
   He was adorable, and he even flirted back, even if he wasn't fully in his mind, I'm still going on count that! Geez, I do flirt with everyone. Well, I don't really with Aphmau anymore. Maybe when I first meet the person, my first reaction is to flirt with them? No, I didn't flirt with any of the guys... come to think of it, I only flirted a tiny bit with Aphmau, and a lot with Katelyn. Why did I flirt so much with her?
   I scratch my chin, pondering this knew question.
   I could count a bit of instances where I've flirted with Zane, or definitely thought about it...
   Then my old question faded as as new train of thought took place.
   Zane. The way his hair moves, and his icy blue eyes that you could stare in forever. His pale skin and adorable freckles. That time he smiled with his mask off, it was forced, so imagine how wondrous a natural one would look like. And his voice. Ugh, his voice that I could listen to for hours. Just his presence, I feel happy when I'm around him, I don't completely know why. What I do know is that we're friends, and that I want him to be comfortable and happy in our friend group. That's my goal.
   "You're doing it again." Dante brought me back to reality with his voice.
   "Doing what?"
   "Who are you thinking about?" He asked, completely ignoring my question. "Did Katelyn do something funny? I mean, taking the relationship you guys have now I'm pretty sure it isn't Katelyn, but it can't hurt to ask."
   "No, I'm not thinking about Katelyn." I say, a little dazed still. "Why are you asking me anyways?"
   "Travis, you were smiling like a complete idiot, you like someone."
   "What? No I wasn't, and no I do not." I reject his statement.
   "Bud, I know you more than you know yourself, ya like someone." He insisted.
   "No."
   "Okay, then. At least tell me who you were thinking about. Or what you were thinking about. It could be pork cutlet bowls for all I know." He shrugged, finally sitting down on the couch beside me, yet still turned in my direction.
   "Well," I think.
   What if Dante is right? What if I do like someone? But no, it can't be Zane, I've only really known him for about a month or two. Right?
   "So, who is she? Or he? Or them? You've told me you're pan already, so." Dante stated, bringing my sexuality into this. He was practically nudging my arm with his elbow by now.