Chapter XXXIV - Interview

~Travis's PoV~

   Honestly I feel out numbered and in unknown territory. The girls are all being unusually quiet about my crush, or anything related to it. But they give each other these type of glares, as if planning something strange on unsuspecting prey. And trust me, in this house, right know, I am no type of predator.
   We mostly just talk about small things like what we had done recently. The type of chat you'd make with a long lost friend you had just reunited with. The thing that unnerved me is that we live right across the street from each other.
   "Okay! I don't think we can avoid it much longer!" Katelyn raises her voice ever so slightly, and puts her hands dominantly on the table, where we had later moved to. "We gotta address the elephant in the room. Travis actually likes someone, and for once it isn't me," she cries, like me not liking her anymore is a new form of freedom. Even if we had rough bumps as obstacles here and there, that sounds pretty cold. I don't think much of it, as it was probably just a cruel slip-up on her part.
   "What elephant, Katelyn~Sama?" KC didn't seem to understand the idiom at first, but then it quickly clicks as her face morphs from two different expressions: confusion to realization. "Whoops, haha, Kawaii~Chan means, she knew that," she attempts to brush it off like nothing.
   "Yes!" Aphmau perks up, "you like someone, and not only just someone, but Zane." She squeals, and then I realize how deep her and possibly Kawaii~Chan are into this ship. "My little ZuZu!"
   "Uhh... yeah," I say rather awkwardly. "I don't know how those feelings work out really. It just seems to be some huge knot of strings that form a ball of yarn." Don't exactly know why I decided to use that comparison, but it got the point across.
   "Ah, yes, those fun emotions." Aph giggles, but I really can see what a struggle she had with those same feelings. I'm just glad she's the best she can be right now. "Well," She pauses, trying to think of something, "maybe you need someone that can relate." She turns to the pink haired meif'wa. "You."
   "Wha-? Why Kawaii~Chan?" KC pouts, confusion once again stretched across her face.
   "You can relate. You liked Zane at one point, right?"
   "Kya! Um, well.." KC's face seems to be flushed with a dusty pink, somewhat like her hair. "It was quite a while ago..."
   So she did. Interesting.
   "But Kawaii~Chan doesn't anymore, promise!" Kawaii~Chan said hopefully, hands together in a pleading manner. "Sure, he is cute and all, but Kawaii~Chan doesn't fancy him anymore."
   "This is weird. I don't like that I'm the only one here that doesn't think Zane is cute." Katelyn admits.
   "Oh, c'mon, he isn't that bad." Aphmau says.
   "Well, yeah sure, I get that freckles are adorable and all, but they don't seem to fit his personality." Katelyn leans her head onto her hand, and elbow propped up.
   "Well, maybe you haven't really hung out with him." I blurt out, and I could see that was something along the lines of what Aphmau was going to say. She even had her index finger pointed and mouth open, ready to fire words.
   "Exactly!" She agrees, happy that someone's close enough to him to get that. "He is actually just an overdramatic nugget for a taste in dark clothing. And covering his face. He can be so sweet once you get to know him or talk to him at the right time, and just a dork overall. He couldn't hurt a fly, really."
   "Hm, okay then. You two are the closest to him. Especially you, Aphmau." Katelyn says.
   "I dunno, Travis might just take that title from me." Aphmau cooes, a triumphant smirk plastered on her face. "He has been spending a lot of time with that nugget."
   "Don't be so sure of that, Aph," I respond to her little tease. "You and him are very close, he calls you his best friend, like, twenty-four-seven."
   "Alright! So, step one, if you wanna date him, then you have to be his best friend first... I think?"
   My face instantly heats up with that sentence. "Woah woah woah, who ever said I wanted to date him?" The three girls looked at me, puzzled.
   "Well, isn't that the goal?" KC asks innocently.
   "I mean, yeah, I guess.. but it's more than that. On New Years, when we were watching ha hose fireworks, I saw Zane's face truly light up for the first time. It seemed so pure, and it's like I wanted to frame it and keep it forever, but when the lights went away, so did that sense of security on his face. Since then, I've made it my mission to have him feel that way again, and generally just let him have more fun and be more comfortable around us. And if dating him can accomplish that, then I'd be more than happy to do it. I just want to see him happy." I finished practically pouring my heart and soul into that speech, and when I looked all to he was back up, I saw different expressions on the girls. Katelyn was gentle, a sense of softness in her gaze. Aphmau wore a mixture of excitement and happiness, and Kawaii~Chan looked like she could burst into tears at any given moment.
   "That... that was just beautiful." Spoke Aphmau, in a meek voice, like she was afraid to talk, spoil the moment. Or maybe she was so overcome with emotion to talk.
   "Wow, Travis, you really do have an intense crush on him, don't you? Where's that Casanova I'd have to punch out of my room to make him go away?" Katelyn says softly, like her expression. "You really seem to be moving away from that type of stuff."
   "Yeah, I really want to. I don't want to be known as a player or anything like that, although I'd still be me, of course." I chuckle a little, knowing I'd still have my cheesy pick up lines and moves.
   "Alright team, Operation Get Them Together is a go! Otherwise known as Operation woodpecker." Aphmau calls, all serious-like, but of course know ones going to take her seriously with a name like woodpecker. "Okay, we need a good, full proof plan. Let's get to work on creating the perfect date!" She squeals going to get some paper to jot down notes on. She sure is an excitable one.
   I look around at the other two, and they seem to be just as willing to help. I then realize that I might have a chance with all of their help. I just might have a chance.

Word count: 1143
Okay, kind of filler for sure. I'm planning to pick things up for sure tho ^^
[Ugh, also, why did I decide to do this chapter bomb thing right on finals week? I dunno, I'm full of smart ideas]
Live, Love, Lapis, hope y'all have a wonderful day and night! Bye my lovely Gems~.