Chapter XXXXIX - Knowing (Pt.2)

~ Travis's PoV ~

"Oh my Irene!?" Is the first thing I hear, and I pull away from Zane's small kiss. I look over to the door, and see a surprised, brown haired male.
Laurance.
   Oh dear Enki.
   "Wait, wait... wait." He brings up a hand, as if to steady himself somehow. "Are you two--?" He's cut off by a blonde male who just stepped up into the doorway.
   "What?!" Garroth exclaims, eyes widening.
   "I can explain!" I say quickly, before anyone jumps to any conclusions.
   "Well you'd better start." Garroth's usual happy demeanor switches to a rather intimidating one. I gulp.
   "Well.. it's simple, really. Zane and I are dating." I say slowly, trying to make sure I've chosen the right words. Garroth seems to be having a small anger fit while Laurance just shrugs.
   "Well that's cool." He says, smiling even. I smile back to him, but then my eyes trail over to Garroth. His face doesn't really show happiness. He looks mad even.
   I honestly get intimidated at first, as Garroth could easily punch me out, but then I start thinking.
   What can he do?
   If he is mad that we're dating, then oh well, right? Sure, he's an overprotective brother of Zane, but he can't really choose who Zane's with. He can't just control Zane's life, no matter how much he could wish it.
   That's right! He can't really do anything!
   He can not like this all he wants, but it's all up to the both of us. And I have waited too long to be with Zane for someone to just disagree and tear us back apart.
   I clutch Zane tighter to myself, further proving we are, in fact, together.
   "So, Garroth, what do you have to say about this?" I say confidently, making the blonde haired male to look away from Zane to me.
   He takes a big, deep breath and responds, "Okay." The breath he took seems to have chilled him out a little.
   "Wait, what?" I snap out of my more aggressive side back to my normal one. Did he just say okay?
   "I said okay." Garroth says, calming himself down. "Look, I may not be the happiest with this news, but, that's only because of past occurrences. I don't like seeing my baby brother hurt. But," he sighs, "He's a grown adult and can make his choices. I can't change anything."
   It's quiet for a while, as Zane and I process his words.
   "Wow Garroth, that's actually really mature of you. You'd usually get pretty angry about something like this." Zane speaks from beside me.
   "Yeah, I know. I was more mad at first, but I managed to calm myself a little." He says. "I'm willing to accept this."
   "Good," I say without thinking, and Garroth shoots me a glare.
   "Okay, but if you hurt my baby brother in any way, so help me--!"
   "Garroth!" Zane and Laurance both yell at the same time, surprisingly.
   "Okay okay, I'm sorry. Just trying to look out for you." Garroth puts up his hands, talking to Zane specifically. There is another moment of silence, as Zane doesn't respond. "But can you at least get off of him?"
   "Right!" Zane says loudly, and sits on the couch instead. I honestly forgot he was on my lap. I look over to him, and I see a clear blush.
   "Good, now can you two lovebirds help us with getting the house ready?" Laurance puts down the plastic bags he held in one hand, Garroth doing so as well.
   "Oh right we're holding a get together. I forgot." Zane says as he stands up. Oh yeah, I agreed to come over and help as well.
   Garroth wants to host another get together since most of the ones are at Aphmau's house. I came over to help, yes, but mostly to see Zane. Although, it would be nice to help as well. Anyways, Garroth and Laurance had left to go get some groceries, and said they'll be back later, that they might take a while. So, that's when Zane and I got a little busy. It seems that we simply just lost track of time a bit.
   Laurance cooks, obviously, while Garroth, Zane and I take care of anything else, like cleaning or setting out chips or things like that. I sneak Zane some flirty glances and in response I get some Garroth stares, but nothing too intense.
   We finish up, and Laurance goes upstairs to change since he spilt some egg yolk on his shirt while cooking. I find out he was making breaded shrimp and fish fillets.
Garroth sits on the smaller couch next to the couch I'm sitting on. Zane is up somewhere in the kitchen, probably trying to find some before lunch snack.
   "So, how long have you two been dating?" Garroth brings up, looking over at me.
   "About two weeks. A little more." I respond.
   "Really?" He says, his face drooping to show a tinge of sadness. "Why didn't Zane tell me sooner?"
   "Because you overreact over everything." Zane strolls, with, I called it, some chips in a bowl in hand.
   "No I do not!" Garroth says, almost offended. "I mean, I was cool about this right?" He motions to Zane then me, switching between us.
   "Yeah, and that surprised me because you do overreact." Zane hums, munching on his Toritos. So those are his favorite, hm?
   "But I--"
   "Don't even try to say you don't, you do." Zane interrupts.
   Garroth purses his lips, "Okay, yeah, maybe a little." Zane scoffs, but it's more of a mixture of a scoff and a laugh, so Garroth does perk up a bit. He sits down next to me.
   "Alright, people should start to get here, so get ready!" Laurance walks in cheerfully, a nice striped shirt on.

Most everyone is here now, including Aphmau, Aaron, the ladies of pink and blue, Lucinda, Kim, and Dante -- who is giving me a bunch of looks. I honestly have no idea what they mean, so after me shrugging to whatever he tells me, he gives me an exaggerated toss of the head and approaches me.
   "What are you even trying to tell me?" I ask him once he's close enough.
   "You should make this great announcement that you two are dating! I'm pretty sure the whole street kinda ships you two since that mistletoe thing. Some more than others, of course. And remember, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan already know you like Zane, since like new years." He says excitedly.
   "Oh yeah, I forgot about that." I remember their intimidating looks once they found out I liked someone. And how they kept staring at me when I made a fool of myself in front of Zane.
   "So?" He urges. I guess he's some true shipper.
   "I mean, sure. I don't wanna make such a big deal of it though. Also, I'm not sure if Zane's okay with it."
   "Then ask him." His dark blue eyes flick past me. I look back over to Zane, who's talking with Lucinda and Kawaii~Chan. He has a red cup of lemonade in one hand, smiling and even joking with the two ladies. His mask is off, proudly showing off his freckles, and you can see a bright smile. He's having fun.
   I smile to myself, thinking how did I not talk to this nugget sooner.
   I politely tap his shoulder. He looks from the chatty girls and gazes over to me.
   "Yeah?"
   "So, Dante's telling me we should tell everyone about.. you know, us." I say, rather quietly even if people talking easily drown me out.
   "Sure." He replies.
   "You don't care?" I ask, a little surprised.
   "I mean, not really. These guys are friends. Plus, the only reason I haven't told anyone is because of you. I didn't know if you wanted to tell anyone."
   "Psh, I did the same because of you." I grin.
   "Well, then sure. I'm comfortable with it." He flashes me a small smile. I even have the urge to kiss his cheek right now, but I hold back. I nod, then turn back to Dante.
   "Let's do it."
   "Okay!" He says only to me, then gets up quickly and shouts, "Y'all!" It's loud enough that everyone hears, and it quiets down. People turn to him, waiting for an explanation as to why he just yelled. "My dear friend Travis here, wants to make an announcement." He grabs me and pulls me up, making me nearly spill my grape juice. That would've not been fun to get off. Dante sits back down.
   "Gee, thanks for putting me on the spotlight." I mutter to him. Everyone looks at me, and suddenly I feel self conscious. I slightly regret agreeing to this.
   "Also Zane!" Dante says quickly pushing Zane up to be at my side. Us bing up here alone makes Aphmau squeal, since she knows what's coming.
   "Yes! Fucking finally!" She yells, giggling, arms in the air. Aaron has to calm her down.
   "Well," I begin, a little after Aphmau's outburst. "So, it's not really a huge announcement--"
  "Yes it is!" Aphmau cheers and I shoot her a glare. Aaron chuckles beside her, him knowing why as well. Zane told me Aphmau shared some certain knowledge with Aaron.
   "But yeah... it's like, y'know, important to me, I guess? But like not entirely important you guys like it's just more of a kinda small thing--" I'm cut off again, this time not by Aphmau, but by Zane.
   "We're dating." He hooks his arm with mine, leaning on me slightly.
Silence fills the room, until Kawaii~Chan squeals.
   "Yes! Kawaii~Chan's been shipping this since that once Hulu night where we scared you guys!" She giggles.
   "Why has everyone been shipping us?" I ask to no one in particular.
   "Told you." Dante mumbles behind me.
   "I mean," Katelyn speaks up. "I thought of it a little more since I knew you liked him, and you guys could be pretty cute." She shrugs from her place on the couch.
   "Um, excuse me, but, what is shipping?" Kim's small voice peeps up. Aphmau and KC dramatically gasp.
   "Oh dear, you have much to learn," Aphmau laughs, almost darkly. Lucinda puts an arm in front of Kim.
   "Do not taint this cinnamon roll!" She says.
   "Um, Lucinda, I'm sure that's supposed to be a compliment, but I am certainly not a sugar coated baked good." Kim responds.
   Lucinda drops her arm and head, "Irene, why are you so pure." A few laugh, and others shake their head yet wear a smile.
   "I guess they're fine with it." Zane says to me, smiling up at me.
   "I guess they are." I grin back at him, and kiss his forehead. He chuckles, and we go back to sit at our spot on the couch, hand in hand. Zane leans against me, and I put my arm around him. We get back into normal conversation.
   How was it able to get with this dorky, sarcastic, beautiful little nugget?
   I smile once again to myself.
   I'm just glad I made myself that little mission.
   Because I wouldn't trade this for the world.

1862
I ship kimcinda whoops
But yeah, this is the second to last chapter, how do y'all feel?
I feel amazing
Live, Love, Lapis, hope y'all have an amazing day or night! Bye my beautiful Gems!