006

I leant against the dining room wall inside the plantation mansion. Workers were packing up the contents of the house. I watched a worker take down a large painting, one that hadn't been painted by me or Klaus, but it was still one I really liked.

"Absolutely not. I paid for that." Rebekah entered the room, approaching the worker.

I pushed my back off the wall and moved over to her, "I highly doubt you pay for anything, Rebekah."

Elijah walked up beside Rebekah, "That is true, sister."

Rebekah looked offended, "I hardly see how that's relevant. Nik's just punishing us."

"Well, we've hurt him. Deeply, it would appear." Elijah replied, a hint of regret in his voice.

I crossed my arms, "What exactly happened? And why am I being moved into a different home?"

"We believed the worst about him, the one time in a million, when the worst wasn't actually the truth." Rebekah replied.

"You know the more your family continues to tear each other apart, the more that unborn child is in danger." I told them. Elijah seemed to take these words in strongly and began walking away.

Rebekah turned to him, "Where do you think you're going?"

"To make sure Hayley doesn't suffer for our mistakes. Niklaus is feeling vindictive. We cannot trust that she is safe." Elijah replied, continuing to walk away.

I looked at Rebekah, "Wait here." And then followed Elijah, "Elijah?"

Elijah came to a stop near the door and turned around, "Yes?"

I walked up to him. I held the back of my neck feeling slightly awkward, "I know this is difficult, and we have barely spoken about any of this but you're still keeping half of my memories hidden."

He sighed, "And you want them back."

"Please." I begged.

"I was a very broken man, I don't want you to see what I did." He replied sadly, his brows knitting together.

"These are my memories, you can't keep them from me." I replied.

His faced mixed an emotion of guilt and sadness, "I can't control what memories will come and when."

I nodded, "I just want them back, I need to know exactly what happened."

He sighed, "All right." I stared up at him as he locked his eyes with mine. I watched his pupils dilate slightly and I went into a trance, "Remember every memory that I took from you."

I blinked several times as things flashed through my head at an immense speed. I couldn't pick up on any memory impeticular. But like he said, they will come clear when they do. I stepped back and looked back up to Elijah, "Thank you."

Elijah nodded and left. I watched him leave before walking back into the room. It was time to get some information. I walked over to the table and picked up a plate. I turned to Rebekah, "Here."

"Why would I want a plate?" She asked.

"I don't know, yours seems pretty full." I joked, "I mean Marcel seemed pretty surprised when I was talking about a little blonde friend with blue eyes. But then again, that could be anyone right?"