009

I jerked my head slightly to the side, startled by the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned, opening my eyes. I reached for my phone that was on the bedside table. I blinked several times, adjusting to the brightness to see a video call. I pushed my back against the head board and ran my hand through my hair as I answered the call.

To my surprise, Bonnie appeared on the screen. I furrowed my brows, confused, "Oh my God, Bonnie?"

She smiled wide, "Yeah. It's really me. I'm alive."

I let out a sigh of relief before smiling, "What? How?"

"It's a very long story including Qetsiyah, Silas and the first Elena doppelgänger, Amara." She replied.

"Wow. Sounds insane. I'm so glad you're alive." I said, still smiling. Just like when I saw Jeremy, it didn't seem real.

"Me too. I've been watching you from the Other Side. You've been through a lot." She said sympathetically.

"Don't worry about me, Bon Bon. Look after yourself and your friends." I told her.

"Speaking of friends, someone wants to speak to you." Bonnie got up from the chair and walked out of view. I furrowed my brows, confused.

Stefan appeared on the screen and sat down where Bonnie was before. My face softened, "Stefan?"

He grinned, "Hey, Cassie."

"Do you remember me?" I questioned, expecting the worst.

"How could I forget? Family, always and forever." He said, holding his pinky to the screen.

I smiled as a tear welled up in my eyes. I held my pinky up, "Always and forever. You got your memories back?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

"I missed you so much." I replied, sniffling.

"Then come and visit." He said, a grin creeping on his face.

I wiped the tear away with my hand, "I already did, but you lost your memory and Bonnie had a funeral."

"Come again, this time will be happier." Stefan said, "We're back to the way we were."

"Is it ever happy in Mystic Falls anymore?" I questioned, mostly rhetorically.

"We use to be happy. 1863 was quite something." He looked downwards before looking back up into the camera, "I'm so sorry I killed your parents, Cassie. I wasn't myself back then, we had just turned and I craved the blood so much."

"I already forgave you, Stefan." I smiled sadly. I adverted my eyes to the door as it opened. Klaus walked in. I looked back down to the camera, "I've got to go, I promise to come see you all soon. Okay?"

Stefan nodded, "All right. See you then."

"Tell everyone I love and miss them." I smiled. I ended the video call and put my phone down on the bed beside me. I glanced up at Klaus, "Hey."

"How are you feeling, little one?" He asked, walking towards the bed.

"Little one? What am I? Five?" I asked. He looked slightly hurt by that comment. I exhaled a sigh, "I'm a little better, I finally got some good news, but that doesn't bring Davina back."