052

I knocked on my bedroom door, where I had left Cami alone. It had been a few days since she'd turned and she seemed to be dealing with it alright. There was no response, so I knocked again. But there was still no response.

I opened the door to see the room was empty. I walked towards the bed where there was an empty blood bag. I frowned, picking it up and stormed out of my room and towards the study.

"Where the hell is she?" I asked, stopping just past the doorway and holding up the empty bloodbag.

"I assume you're talking about Camille..." Klaus said.

"You're the one who suggested giving her a daylight ring, when you know exactly how newbies are." I replied before sighing, "She left, didn't she?"

"Shocking turn of events, yes." Elijah replied from the desk he was sat at, "Klaus go and help Cassie find her. I shall deal with the growing nightmare of our family's potential extinction."

Klaus stared at his brother, "Yes, always the diligent defender, despite the fact that the danger has somewhat subsided, what, with Tristan de Martel now literally sleeping with the fishes?"

"A darker threat remains. Now, if something out there is capable of killing us, we should probably find it." Elijah replied.

I sighed, "I'd love to help but I got Cami into this mess."

"She left around sunrise." A voice said. I turned to see Hayley standing in the doorway, holding Hope on her hip, "My guess is that she needed some air? I couldn't sleep. I saw her leaving from my balcony."

"Thanks." I replied.

Hayley stepped aside and I headed out of the door. I made my way out of the compound and scanned across the busy streets of the Quarter. I headed left, constantly looking for any sign of Cami. I spotted Josh and Davina on a sidewalk and made my way towards them.

"Josh, Davina, hey." I said, stopping beside them. They both turned to face me.

"Hey, Cassie, I haven't seen you in so..." Josh's eyes fell down to my stomach, where my bump was now largely sticking out of my leather jacket, "...long?"

I stared at them both, speechless as they stared back, in confusion. With everything that had been going on, I hadn't seen either of them in months. I pulled a kind of 'sorry' face, "Yeah, six and a half months to be precise."

Davina frowned, "But how did you -- how are you -- "

" -- long story." I said, "Have you seen Cami?"

"No, we haven't." Josh replied, shaking his head.

I sighed, "Please, call me if you do."

As I was about to walk away, a limo pulled up into the side of the road near us. Josh gasped a little, "Whoa. Hey, should I be worried, or, like, really excited right now?"

The back window rolled down, revealing Aya, "Hello, Joshua, Cassandra. Ms. Claire, I assume you know who I am? I suggest you get in. We've much to discuss."

I frowned in concern as Davina turned to Josh, "I'll call you later, I promise."

Davina got into the limo and it quickly pulled off. Josh sighed, "Well, what am I suppose to do now?"