033

I was laying on my bed, my eyes closed in thought. I had Hope on my chest, she was asleep. I had taken to looking after her every now and then because she had grown on me. Also to give Hayley and Jackson a break and, she kept me distracted from thinking about Kol's death. It was hard. He meant a lot to me but I promised that I would find a way to bring him back.

I could feel someones presence in the room. I kept my eyes closed a minute longer to savour the moment before slowly opening them, revealing a smiling Klaus looking down on us. His smile shrinked as he noticed that I had caught him watching us.

"Hey." I said quietly, trying not to disturb Hope.

"I thought you were asleep." Klaus said, slightly surprised. He moved closer to the bed, his eyes wandered down to the baby girl, "How is she?"

I held Hope to my chest as I sat up on the bed, "She's tired, I think that's because of all the playing and teething she's been doing."

"And you?" Klaus asked, concerned. He took a seat on the space of the bed beside us.

I opened my mouth to answer but I didn't really know what to say. I sighed, "I'll let you know."

"Hope seems to have taken a strong liking to you." Klaus said as he stared at his daughter that lay on my chest.

I smiled down at Hope, stroking her back, "She's wonderful. I think I would have liked being a mother."

"You would have made a great mother." Klaus replied. My eyes flew up to meet his and I got a warm feeling in my stomach at his words.

My mouth stretched into a wide toothy smile, a small breath of laughter escaping out of it, "I remember you saying something similar when we met."

Klaus fidgeted slightly on the bed, he looked confused, "You mean when I walked in on you and Elijah?"

I shook my head with a grin, "No. That wasn't when we first properly introduced ourselves. I got all of memories back, remember? I met you before I met Elijah."

Early February, 2005

I sat in a booth of a bar. New Orleans was a stop on my travel list. I had been travelling for fifty-five years and something had suddenly drawn me to this place. Possibly the history I had read up on. And the French Quarter way across the river sounded interesting, along with the culture and sights.

A child in a stroller was beside my chair. I smiled at the baby boy in it. His tiny hand held a small teddy. He started to cry so I began to pull silly faces at him to calm him. The child stopped crying and laughed instead. I heard someone approaching but figured it was just someone entering the bar.

"You make a great mother." A strong british accent said. I turned slightly to see a dirty blonde haired man standing near me, a smile on his face.

"Oh." I replied, glancing back at the little boy before at the man. Before I could reply a woman walked from the restrooms and to the stroller.

"Thank you so much for watching him for a moment. Only time I ever get a break." The mother joked, grabbing a hold of the stroller.

"Not a problem." I smiled at her.

"Thanks again." She said before walking off.