014

A/N - LOOK HOW CUTE THAT
PICTURE OF KLAUS IS

A month.

It had been an entire month. Since Davina came back to life. Since Rebekah had left. It had been a month since I had walked away from Klaus as he remained silent. I wanted him to tell me something meaningful but it appeared that I had hoped for far too much.

I pushed myself up from the chair I was sitting in, in my room and grabbed my phone from the desk. Davina had sent a text saying her lessons on practicing magic again weren't going so well. And that Sophie Deveraux's niece, Monique, was being a little bitch to her.

I sighed. Another text came through, this time from Cami;

To: You
From: Cami

My uncle is getting worse, the medication isn't doing anything. Please see if you can find help. Maybe a witch.

I stuffed my phone into my pocket and opened my door, standing in the doorway. I saw Klaus' bedroom light was on, his room was over the other side of the compound to my room. I bit my lip nervously before making my way towards his room. I continued walking straight into his room.

"I saw the light on from my room and thought you -- " I stopped when I saw the witch from the bar, the one that also tortured Klaus and Rebekah, Genevieve, standing in her underwear in the room, " -- you weren't with a half-naked psycho-witch. Seems I gambled and lost."

Genevieve smirked at me, "Ten minutes ago, I was fully naked."

"Oh, then you served your purpose. Don't let me hold you up." I replied, moving aside to let her leave.

"You sure do love to piss off witches." Genevieve grumbled, turning her nose up at me. I watched her leave the room before turning back to Klaus. He was sat, painting a canvas.

"Really?" I scoffed, crossing my arms, "The woman tried to blackmail Cami and I into stabbing you with the mystical blade of excruciating pain."

"Well, New Orleans breeds nothing if not strange bedfellows, but I assume you're not here to question me on my leisure activities." Klaus said.

I scoffed again, "Disgusting. Look, Cami's uncle is getting worse. The medication, it's not working. A witch did this, a witch can undo it. You seem super-tight with Genevieve -- " I side-eyed in slight jealousy before looking back at him, " -- maybe you could persuade her to help."

"It won't do any good." He said, "These hexes, they start with magic, but as they take root, they alter the very chemistry of the brain. I'm sorry. The damage is done."

"No." I frowned, "I refuse to accept that. I will not let her lose her uncle, her family, Klaus. If you had any concept of family, you'd understand."

Klaus ignored me and turned back to his painting, stroking the brush on the canvas. I clenched my jaw, "You are such an arse." And then I stormed out of the room.

▂▂▂▂

The compound was full of people. Vampires, witches, werewolves and maybe some even human. Elijah had decided to throw an impromptu party and honestly I was so glad.

I walked down the stairs in a tight little dark red dress and into the crowd. I looked up to see Elijah and Klaus overlooking the party on the balcony. I smiled as I saw Davina enter the compound.