037

I threw the empty blood bag onto the table before picking up a piece of toast. I took a bite, staring at the grimoire that was infront of me. I wanted to practice magic, I could feel the strength inside of me, I wanted to bring Kol back but I knew I couldn't. I didn't trust Dahlia. The Ancestors could take my soul and I'd never be able to come back to life, I'd never be able to see Klaus again.

I put the toast on a plate as I looked over to Klaus. He was sitting at the side of the table drinking champagne, even though it was morning. He seemed to be celebrating the death of his father, which was understandable considering what Mikael had done to not only him, but to me and the rest of his family. I felt someone walking towards the dining room and looked up.

I smiled at his presence, "Morning, Elijah."

As he entered the room, his mouth slightly opened and his eyebrows raised in surprise, "Cassie? You're alive?"

I rose from my seat and smiled widely, "I am. It's a good job you didn't burn my body."

"How?" He asked, moving closer to the table.

"It's a long story." I replied, picking up the grimoire, "Enjoy your breakfast, I need to go shower the dead out of my hair."

I smiled warmly at Klaus and Elijah before leaving the room. I gripped the grimoire as I made for the stairs and ran up them. I stopped at the top, staring in the direction of Hope's nursery. I glanced behind me to see if anyone was watching and began heading for the nursery. I checked behind me again before walking inside.

I stopped beside the cot but Hope wasn't there. I had planned to try and cloak her myself but it was then that I'd realised they had already been ahead of me and protected the child themselves. Which was good of them because I had been dead for an entire night.

I took a small soft toy from the top of drawers and fiddled with its arms. Hope was just a child, she didn't even know the mess she had come into.

My head shot up in fright as I heard heels clicking against the floor in the courtyard, reminding me of Dahlia when she put me inside her head. I listened in, hearing Elijah's voice down in the courtyard, "Josephine."

A womans voice I didn't recognise replied, "Forgive me for calling so early, Elijah, but, I've come bearing a message from your aunt Dahlia."

My eyes widened at the mention of her name. I instantly left the room to stand near the railings that over looked the courtyard. The woman continued, "She is owed a debt, and she means to be paid."

"She can writhe in hell first." Klaus replied. A small smile spread on my face at his reply.

"For merely taking what your mother promised her?" Josephine questioned, "If you must harbor hatred, isn't it better spent on the one who traded your child away a thousand years ago? Blame Esther, if you must, but I seek only to fulfill a bargain. A bargain that, consequently, resulted in your very existence. Perhaps you should be thanking me?"

I frowned down at her. Elijah stepped back slightly, "Dahlia."

The woman grinned, "My child, I prefer Aunt Dahlia."

Klaus quickly moved towards her, "You dare enter my home?"

"I only came for what is mine." She replied, "The time has come to add the child's power to my own. Though, I do not detect her here. I see you've used a spell to cloak her. No matter, such spells will yield, as will you. And I have other ways."