066

The atmosphere in the compound felt different, it felt cold as though there was something wicked coming. I walked through the upstairs hallway, scanning across the empty courtyard below. I looked in all of the doorways upstairs. I was looking for Klaus but instead I found Freya and Kol in the living room.

"Well, you said you put the Prophecy to rest, so what's the worry?" Kol asked.

"I didn't sleep last night." Freya replied, standing by the desk, "I just had this feeling of dread. I don't know if it's my own guilt or maybe, it's my intuition telling me something's coming."

"I can feel something too." I said from the doorway causing them both to turn, "Everything feels cold and angry, and I don't think it's just this family and its arguements."

"Cassie." Kol whispered as though he was in shock at my presence. I hadn't seen him since Davina's funeral. I still wanted to keep my distance but I couldn't avoid him forever.

"You said the prophecy is at rest? How do you know for sure?" I questioned Freya, "There could be enemies still coming for this family."

Freya looked back down to the desk, "This map is spelled to trace Niklaus's enemies. Let's just hope we're being paranoid."

I moved closer to the desk where she stood. She held her hands over the map. She began to chant an incantation and I watched as dots of blood grew from different countries and every one began to drag towards New Orleans.

"I guess you're not being paranoid, when there is, in fact, a hoard of killers out to get you." Kol said.

"We need to warn the others. And prepare for a war." I told them.

I began to storm towards the door when Kol called out, "Cassie, you can't -- "

I looked over my shoulder as I interupted him, " -- that wasn't a question." I walked out of the room and went to find Klaus.

▂▂▂▂

Klaus and I walked into the hallway where Kol and Elijah were standing by a table full of weapons. I had told Klaus and Hayley about the situation, Kol had told Elijah.

"Freya's tracking your sirelines now." Kol told them. He picked up the Tunde blade, "So it won't be long which works for me. I could use a good fight."

"Well, we do have an advantage." Elijah said, picking up another weapon, "No vampire may enter this stronghold as long as the deed remains in Freya's name."

"So what? We hide in here while the enemies mass at the front gate?" Kol questioned.

"Well, if they are so determined to die at our hands, let them come." Klaus said, a small grin appearing on his lips.

"They won't leave until you're all dead and we can't stay in here forever. The only way to stop them, is to kill them all." I told them.

I saw Kol's brows furrow, "You want to help kill them?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"I see this family has changed you." Kol said, "Not entirely sure that that is a good thing."

"If I have to choose between anyone and this family..." I looked between the three of them, "You win, every time."