031

I pulled a brush through my hair, watching it glide through as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I had been listening to Klaus talk with someone for a while. It was Rebekah, but she was in a different body, the one Kol had put her in. I hadn't yet seen her but was listening in on their conversations with Elijah, who was on the phone.

"Could we dispense with this fascinating dispute for just a moment and return to the subject of our supposed long-lost sister?" Elijah questioned. Apparently some girl claimed to be their sister, which is probably a load of crap.

"There's not much to discuss, Elijah. She said she was Freya, and then she darted off into the night." Rebekah replied. I put the brush down on my desk.

"And you believed her?" Elijah asked.

"Well, I met the girl in a mystical loony-bin, she could be anyone telling any lie. But, she did seem... familiar, somehow." Rebekah replied.

I grabbed a lipstick as Klaus spoke, "Then how is she still alive? A question, as ridiculous as its possible solutions, given this family's annoying predilection for cheating death."

"I dunno, Nik, I'm just telling you what she said." Rebekah said. I began to apply the lipstick.

"Well, did you happen to ask, if by some similar miracle, our aunt Dahlia lives as well?" Klaus questioned. I could hear frustration in his tone.

"I barely had a chance to process -- "

Klaus interupted, " -- because on the list of obvious questions, it would be nice to know if the woman who placed a curse on the first-borns of this family is still breathing air."

"Well, let me just turn back time and do it again to your liking, then." Rebekah replied sarcastically.

Oh, how I had missed the sibling arguements. What'd it been? Like a day since the last one?

"Enough. Both of you. If she is who she says, we'll find out soon enough. For now, it remains imperative that no one learns of Hope's existence. This has been our salvation thus far." Elijah yelled through the phone.

"Unless Hayley's husband-to-be starts flapping his gums. Perhaps I should take preventative measures and separate him from his head?" Klaus questioned.

I furrowed my brows at the husband part and put the lipstick down. I began to leave my room.

"Jackson will do nothing to jeopardize that wedding." Elijah replied. I made my way down the hallway.

"Hayley's getting married?" Rebekah asked, "Well, what in hell else did I miss?"

I stopped in the doorway and held my hand up. I focused on a candle in the room, remembering what Bonnie use to do and the spells I had been reading up on. After a second, a flame ignited on the wick of the candle. Rebekah, whose new body I was seeing for the first time, turned to face me, as did Klaus. She looked at me in confusion.

I put my hand down, "A hell of a lot."

▂▂▂▂

I sat on the sofa flicking through a grimoire that I had found on the bookshelf a while ago. Some spells I recognised, others I didn't. It was all in other languages and there were so many weird symbols. Learning it would be difficult but being a witch was part of who I was now, so I guess it would be idiotic not to use it.

"Nik? Nik?" Rebekah yelled, walking into the room.

I looked up from the grimoire, "Just because you don't have supernatural hearing anymore doesn't mean everyone else doesn't, Rebekah."