032

I sped down the road, anxiously trying to find somewhere for us to go. My phone was dead, Cami didn't have hers. We had no idea what had just happened at the house. I noticed a run down garage just ahead and pulled into it.

"I see a payphone." Cami said, undoing her seatbelt.

"You're not going out there alone. That explosion might be something to do with Finn." I replied, undoing my seatbelt. I got out the car and opened the back door. I unbuckled Hope as Cami got out of the car. I picked a crying Hope up and closed the door.

Cami grabbed a handful of change from her pocket and anxiously walked to the payphone as I followed. She tripped, causing the money to drop to the floor, "Damn it."

Hope began to cry harder. I held her small hand in mine, "You're being so brave, little one."

Cami and I suddenly stepped back in fright as we heard a rattling noise. I held Hope closer to me, "Whoevers out there, if you try anything, I will gouge your eyes out."

"Actually, that's probably not necessary." A voice said. I noticed it was Elijah and sighed in relief.

"What the hell happened back there?" I asked, walking towards him. I noticed his clothes were charred and he was covered in ash.

Elijah quickly walked behind us and held mine and Cami's backs in either hand, gently pushing us to the car, "That's a discussion for the car."

▂▂▂▂

It was the next day and we had arrived back in New Orleans. Elijah and I entered the compound that had seemed to have dozens of people walking around, setting up for the wedding. Elijah had told us about Hayley and Jackson's marriage and why it was happening. The way he spoke about it and his expression made it obvious he had feelings for Hayley.

I carried Hope on my hip. Klaus met us at the entrance. Hope grasped my finger as she cooed. I smiled at her before looking up to Klaus, "Where's Hayley? Does she know we're here?"

"Well I thought it'd be a nice surprise for her and her husband-to-be." Klaus replied with a grin. I looked to Elijah as Klaus headed towards the ballroom.

"Hayley. If I might intrude, there's someone who wishes to say hello." I heard Klaus say. A moment later Klaus, Hayley and Jackson entered the courtyard where we were stood.

"You brought them here? Finn could be anywhere." Hayley stressed.

"I've taken precautions. There'll be no uninvited guests at your wedding, and after, your wolves will be the first line of defense to this home. No more running, Queen." Klaus replied.

He gestured for her to see Hope. Hayley walked towards me and I handed Hope to her. I smiled as the baby girl began happily cooing at her mother. Jackson walked towards Hayley so I moved back.

I smiled at them before noticing Klaus behind, watching them. I walked over to him, stopping infront of him, "Can we talk?"

Klaus looked slightly surprised, "Of course."

I began to walk towards the stairs. I made my way up them, feeling Klaus following behind. I headed into an empty living room. I watched Klaus shut the door as I sat on the arm of the sofa.

"I just want to get this bit out first." I said. I frowned, "You knew I was a witch and you never told me?"

Klaus pouted slightly, a film of guilt over his face, "I didn't tell you because you had enough to deal with. You don't like being a vampire, so why on earth would you like the idea of being a witch? Look, I knew you were a witch because of Arabella. But you turned, I had no idea any of this would happen."